Friends

Just a thread to talk about friends, and friendship. What does it mean to you?
Friendship is a lot to me. It's about being there for someone, no matter what. It's someone you can rely on and someone who can rely on you.

How long have you had your longest friend for?
I've known my longest friend for about 10 years. I'm now dating her brother (2 years next week).
My best friend I've known since grade 9, and that was 7 years ago.
I've also made a lot of new friends, because last year I started university. So it just goes like that.

And, I'm just wondering, because I've noticed this at my school, but are your friends usually the same wealth class as you?
Actually I don't really think so. My family is not well off at all. My parents are divorced and my mom's really had to pick up the slack. She also supports my grandparents and her brother and his baby. Plus my sister has had about 10 surgeries, so we pay a lot of hospital stuff.
I'm probably the worst off out of the group. But we don't care. Now that we're all university students we all kind of find ourselves a bit broke.

The same race?
Nope, my boyfriend and his sister are Peruvian. A majority of us are Canadian/European dissent. But race doesn't really play a big deal. But it was a big deal in our high school. That school was pretty much cut down the middle. But I did have a few black friends.

The same gender?
Actually I mostly do hang out with girls. We have a few guy friends. And I've been spending more time with the guys soccer team up here. because the girls and guys travel together...but mostly girls.

Just wondering. Are you friends with people with similar interests to yours, or are you completely different?
We are all so different. Seriously. I'm athletic, and my best friend is probably the last person you'd see wanting to do sports.
We just go out, and have a good time.

I've been best friends with the same person since I was 7 I'm 16 now....wow that's a long time...anyways all our other friends refer to us as "the old married couple" because we can be at each other's throat one minute and working in complete harmony the next... we generally enjoy all the same stuff... synchro, music, sports....you know what i mean...anyways lately we're starting to do different things but we're still best buds and we're planning on owning an apartment together once we move out and after our roadtrip across Canada :D

Melissa ^_^

I met all of my friends at school. And most of them I've pretty much known since elementary school.

My parents used to have a thing against me going out with my friends and they were pretty racist.. they didn't like anyone that wasn't Asian. <_< Well, except for Amy. They would never let me go out... but then when I entered high school and became friends with Han, they were more lenient and I was over her house a lot. And then by sophomore year, they lost me. I went through rebellion and "ran away" from home and stayed at my bf for two weeks before my mom came and got me. Since then, I've been able to do whatever I want. My mom doesn't care where I am, how long I'm gone... as long as she knows I'm alive. Well, not so much anymore cause she's paranoid I won't come home to babysit my sister every morning. :lol: Okay, I digressed...

They don't disapprove of any of the friends I have now... my mom's always asking why I'm not hanging out with them more. :blink: My mom does hate Cindy and Cathy though (stupid biotches! :angry: ). We were friends, but then they became immature and ended our friendship over something I supposedly did that I should know about. Riiiiight. They're just stupid. Eh, some people just never grow up and start acting like their age. *Shrugs* Cathy is my bf's sister... :lol: and she tried to kill me with a knife once... psychotic biotch. I was peacefully eating my taco when she came after me... well, I did call her a psychotic biotch before... but her trying to kill me just proves that. :lol: So now my mom hates them just as much as I do. I try not to hate... but with them, you just can't help it.

My friends and I were all in the same grade but different ages. Kit is 20, Jen is 18, Han is 18, and I'm 19. When I first met Han, she told me she was the same age as me. Liar. But then I found out she was born in '85 and I was like, "you biotch! All this time you lied to me and had me believing you were older than me!" But then her age explained why she was so immature at times. :lol:

I have a couple close friends and a lot of talk to ya in school kind of friends

Jess-I've known her for about 14 yrs...I've known her since I was about 2 yrs old. We grew up together in the same neighborhood. We were practically sisters-even our teachers got us mixed up! Then she moved in the beginning of 5th grade and I thought that was it. But we kept in touch during our middle school years. We are back together in highschool now. This year especially, we've gotten close. I'm so glad because something long term like this is really special. We even vowed that we'd invite eachother to our weddings!

Amanda-she's kinda slow sometimes...lol. We play basketball together and we have a lot of fun.

Erika-she is the funniest person I've met...I've known her for about 5 or 6 years now. I wouldn't see her for a couple of weeks and in an instant I'll be cracking up.

They are all caucasian(most of my school is)...but they have different interests. Our school is considered "rich" by other schools but it really isn't. Surrounding schools' homes have gotten bigger than ours. At least I don't consider wealth status to be important in determining friendship.

i have alot of freinds they r differnt races and ages i have firneds form 3rd grade to somph in collage.my bf is black and im white . my parntes do disaprove of some of my firends but they ahte everything i do so oh well. some of my firneds ive had since kindergarden others since this summer but all my friends im really close with all of them. alot of finreds ive meet out of school but i meet alot in school too and alot through sports. no not all my firneds r the same welth calss as me niether some r poorer some r richer. my vbestes frineds ive only known or a cuple of years now but it seems like tis been forever we can talk bout ne thing and have fun doing ne tihng its great! freinds ship is priceless its one of the only tingds u need in ur life firneds help u thorugh so many hard times and there there for u to make u laght have fun and jsut hang out. osme of my firendss have ythe smae intersests as me liek sports and music but not all some of my firneds r totaly oppsoitre of me but its doenst bother uas at all

What does it mean to you?
a friend is someone you can lean on and they can lean on you and you can cry together and share things and you feel completely comfortable together

4 years i think

are your friends usually the same wealth class as you?
nope, most of my friends have more money than me, because i go to a private school adn most people there are rich...

The same race?
my best friends are the same race, but think that's just coincidential. i don't care about race, and i do have a lot of "good" friends who are different races.

The same gender?
for the most part, yes, but i do have a lot of really good gay guy friends

Are you friends with people with similar interests to yours, or are you completely different?
mostly similar ... although my style is completely different than most of my friends, and my attitude is too, but most of my friends and i like the same things.

My friendships mean everything to me. They've always been there for me through everything. They're amazing! My friends are always there for me, they support me, they love me uncondtionally, and they're always honest with me.

Like 10 or 11 years I think.

Are you're friends usually the same wealth as you?
One is, but the rest are a variety on both sides.

Are they the same race?
No, but not because I care, there aren't more than like 2 people of a different race in my neighborhood. I have family members of a different race though.

The same gender?
My very best friends are, and I think thats true for most people just because some things are easier to share with people of the same gender. But I have a lot of really close guy friends.

Are you friends with people with similar interests to yours, or are you completely different?
We agree completly on matters such as faith and polotics, but our personal intrests differ quite a bit acctually, but it's neat b/c now we're exposed to lots of cool new things through eachoter.

Also my friends are a wide variety of ages. I have friends that are my age and close friends in their 40s and 50s.

Well, let's see. My friends mean so much to me. I was friends with this one person for 10 years and then she changed and basically we are not friends anymore. So the experience really made me realize how important friends are and how you need to cherish them. My best friend now means so much to me. She certainly makes going to school much better. Without her I don't know what I'd do. But in response to the questions....

Let's see...maybe 5

I'm not sure, but I think so.

Are they the same race?
Well, I come from a state that is very ethnically diverse. Not many people are just one race. For example I am 10 ethnicities. So it's really hard to answer that.

The same gender?
Pretty much.

hmm...I play basketball and volleyball. My best friends dances. So no not really. But I do have a lot of other friends that play sports.

Well, I used to have a lot of friends in elementary, but at that time, we were more like "Wanna play with me?" kind of friends. My friendship with this one girl (we were best friends) ended in 5th grade, when I realized that we weren't the best of friends after all. Now I don't remember anything about her. Then in 6th grade, I guess I learnt *real* friendship the hard way. People knew I would listen to their problems and give them advice, so they came to me, told me their problems, I gave them advice, and the next day? They acted like it never happened! That would piss me off. It's like I fell into their trap. When a friend would come up to me and start hanging out with me for a day or two, I think "Oh, this friendship might go somewhere" but then they would just abandon me. So I've given up. (n)

I've known a friend of mine since I was 3 years old. We went to the same schools and grew up together. I know her the best out of anyone. I know that she would never abandon me. She's known as one of the "weird" people in the school, but she's really not. I sort of hung out with the sl**s of the school, because I was stupid. I guess I was in desperate need of a true friend. They thought that my friend was weird, so I wouldn't really hang out with her. I need to change that. I shouldn't care about what someone thinks. Near the end of the school year, I hung out with her more, but there was one problem. Another girl who apparently thought that my friend was her best friend, so she would try and stop our friendship. Interrupt me when I was talking to the other friend. Criticize me. She would get so arrogant and cocky, too. I would get so mad, yet, I wouldn't say anything.

Most of my friends are wealthier than me, mostly because I go to a private school, so they're all rich. They're not my real friends, they're just people I hang out with.

Most of them are Asians, mainly because everyone in the freakin school is Asian! But I can share a lot with them, so it's nice. But I'm friends with anyone, I'm not racist because I fit in. I'm 100% American, but am of Indian heritage.

They mostly are females. I don't really have a guy friend, our job is to play pranks on the boys! :lol:

*sigh* I just hope 7th grade is a better year...

- TWO things HONESTY & RESPECT. you dont have that im not even going to talk to you.

- 4 years and counting

- YES.

Are they the same race?

- NO - I got a MIXPLATE!

The same gender?

-NO more guys friends

- YES we have similar interests and Yes we are different but thats what makes having them as friends so much fun we all are different and its good ya know every time we hang out i find out something new.

a friend is someone you can lean on and they can lean on you and you can cry together and share things and you feel completely comfortable together

8 years and counting

Yes, usually. Although now that we are out of college the ones with good jobs are in the same wealth class as me, and some of my other friends have not been so fortunate as to find good technology related jobs. But I'm hopeful they will, because they all deserve it.

The same race?
Not usually. I have a pretty mixed bag.

The same gender?
Nope, more female friends than guy friends.

For the most part yes.

My friends are my world i don't know wat i would do without them. My longest freindship is with my best friend we have known each other since we were born, thats like 22 years, his name is Oliver. You can tell i am no longer at school but when i was i didn't mater whether you were rich,poor,black,white,tall short or wateva we were still friends*did that make any sence??* i have tons of guy friends but coz i feel girlie at times i have tons on ckiks as friends.We are all random so yeah, umm,soo,yeah.... well anyway that was long i hope it answered ur questions
luv ya kitty

someone who you can say anything to and they wont hate you, someone who you dont need to pretend to be someone else in front of and a bond where you both feel equal.

13years, lol we are growing apart now though

yeh my friends are usually all the same wealth, but i spose it differs un parents wealth and the money the friend actually gets.

The same race?
usually, but i do have quite a few asian friends, i live in the south east, we tend not to have many diff, races.

The same gender?
Nnope not at all, i have a huge number of guy mates.

we tend to not have the same interests but yeh i make friends at my new interests so u know, friends are everywhere.

:redhair:

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>What does it mean to you?

Someone who gets you as a person and who you can tell you're secrets to, someone who can still like you when your a complete mess and have tears streaming down your face and even at your lowest can get a smile from your face and of course you can do the same for them :smiley:

16 yrs

Yeah most of my friends I think are, but it doesn't matter, everything that matters is in your heart

The same race?

Mostly but I have some friends who are of a different race

The same gender?

No, I have loads of male friends ;)

Er it depends usually I have a least one thing in common with the person I'm friends with but it doesn't really matter ^_^
</span>

Aliasfan13 said:
I've known a friend of mine since I was 3 years old. We went to the same schools and grew up together. I know her the best out of anyone. I know that she would never abandon me. She's known as one of the "weird" people in the school, but she's really not. I sort of hung out with the sl**s of the school, because I was stupid. I guess I was in desperate need of a true friend. They thought that my friend was weird, so I wouldn't really hang out with her. I need to change that. I shouldn't care about what someone thinks.
[post="973371"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

sounds like you've got your head screwed on properly. :redhair:

Sabella said:
<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Friends are great, as long as they care about you, nothing else matters  :smiley: </span>
[post="1058030"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

other things do matter, but yeh you are right, friends are great :redhair:

Someone you can talk to about anything and everything, and not worry about being judged. Someone you can share your deepest secrets and feelings with.

24 years

yeah, we're all pretty much working class.

The same race?

mostly, but I have some of other races as well

The same gender?

No, most of them are male

well, I have a serious horse racing obsession, and mostly only my jockey friends share that. I guess for the most part, all of my friends are different, but that's what keeps everything interesting.

I miss my friends. I'm away at college now and only one of my good friends goes here. All of my best friends are down in Southern California going to college. I miss them so much. They're all at UC Irvine and UC Santa Barbara. But at the same time, I'm really happy where I'm at. Some of my friends that I grew up with and played sports with, they're still at home and haven't changed. I'm glad that I'm spending time away from them. They're still going to parties, getting drunk and not taking school seriously. For me, I've never been into it and sometimes you gotta grow up. But I do miss being around them cause I've had so much fun with them.

Back