From JJ's Very Own Mouth

JJ stated in an email that he will not be able to direct/write the SERIES (not season) finale for Alias due to his obligations with MI:3.

Question: You said that there are no plans for J.J. Abrams to write or direct any Losts this season, but what about Alias? Please tell me he will write and direct the season/series finale? — Larry

Ausiello: Good question. Let's ask him. "Given the [M:I 3] schedule, my day-to-day involvement in Alias and Lost this season has been minimal," he told me via e-mail. "While I would truly love nothing more than to film the series finale, I think I'll be in the depths of M:I 3 postproduction, and therefore unavailable — which would be depressing." Indeed it would be.

TV Guide

IMO, I think JJ misspoke when he said that. He probably meant IF this season is truly the last, he will not be able to direct/write the series' finale. Nothing is set in concrete just yet. That being said, the writers/producers are most likely planning out the rest of the season as if this season is the last.

Yet, there is still hope. It looks like Invasion didn't do so good without a new Lost lead-in: ABC's "Invasion," absent a big "Lost" lead-in, slumped to 5.9/9. Just cross your fingers and hope Invasion's ratings takes a free fall from here on out. And if that does happen, maybe abc will end Invasion's season early in time for Alias big return in spring.

And if Alias does well enough in the post-Lost timeslot, maybe there a chance for a s6 ---but most likely w/o JG though.

I have given up hope that there will be another season. No one, epecially J.J. , seems to care for Alias like they use to. They seem to busy with other things.

I'm the biggest Alias fan, but I have never felt more hopeless about the continuation of the show. It's really too bad to see such a great show go down the tubes because people dont care/aren't devoted enough to it, especially J.J. I'm still hopeful, but I am also very expectant of the worse....that the show will not go on for another season

I hope there is a Season 6 but looking at the way things are, chances are slim. But I really love the current season and hopefully after JG has given birth, things will turn around for good. Yeah JJ seem to be too occupied with MI3. I mean it's a Tom Cruise movie, if it flops (I hope it does coz I dislike Mr. Cruise) JJ may have to go back to basics- TV directing!!

just a small fact, in my opinion, Alias would NEVER continue into a season WITHOUT J Garn. The show is phenomenal, every little element. I truly watch it for everything and everyone, but Jennifer Garner is the star and we know from past history that a hit show CANNOT continue of the STAR leaves.
So hopefully there will be a season 6 but if J. Garn can't commit, then there wont' be.

Jennifer Garner is signed on for Alias until Season 7, according to Kristen on E!online. Assuming there is a Season 7.

I would say that JJ misspoke when saying that. JJ has usually been straight forward with fans when it comes to the future of the show so I don't think he would say "series finale" and put it as a means for confussion.

I honestly don't believe that JJ doesn't care about the show any more...the network maybe...SuUURe lets get rid of our ONLY veteran show...but I'm sure JJ does. After Alias happened that's when JJ's name really gotout there as an established guy. BEcuase lets face it Felicity being on The WB didn't do MUCH. His name was out there after Alias and not to mention when Lost came along he was a big hit. So with i do believe he has another midseason show coming up with ABC as well as MI3 JJ simply got too famous and too busy too fast...

...the more i think about it, the more i begin to realize that this might be true - and i don't know if i can cope!!! - what will happen w/o our precious ALIAS?!

just a small fact, in my opinion, Alias would NEVER continue into a season WITHOUT J Garn.

Unfortunately, this is just what I think they should do to salvage the series at this point.

The problem is they are abandoning the series while it's still on the air. Vaughn and Syd are essential characters, and you can't just make one disappear and the other go preggo on the side.

I know the following may be a fantasy, but if I were put in charge of saving ALIAS I would end the show as we know it and use this season to begin a spinoff, similar to how the PRACTICE launched BOSTON LEGAL.

1. Let Jennifer go. She wants to be Miss Movie Thing and her character has done it all. Allow her to miraculously reunite with Vaughn, let Mommy, Daddy, and Baby walk off into the sunset.

2. How could she leave the bizness? Vaughn's killers, Sloane, APO, and Rimbaldi must all go away.

3. The new kids from this season would take over the show. But they'd be working in a new office for a new boss. This boss wouldn't be Jack Bristow, although he'd be on hand. This boss would be the person Jack answers to from now on. An old friend, a character we all adore. I'll give you a hint who:

lena_olin_gallery_12.jpg

Those are my two cents...

Back