From the Bottom of My Heart

Chapter 2

If someone had turned out the light in a person's imagination and their spirit. Rachel Acker found herself one of those people. She had lost her life she thought, she never knew what a mistake she had made by being married. She hadn't thought she would miss them this much.

Flashback

“It's going to be a girl.” The OB/GYN said with a smile.

“Vaughn, did you hear that? It's going to be a girl!” Sydney smiled broadly up at Vaughn who was standing holding her hand.

“That's wonderful news honey!” He leaned down and gave her a kiss.

“Well, everything looks fine!” The doctor pulled her gloves off with a snap and walked to the door.

“Thank you.” Sydney said.

“You're welcome, I'll see you next week!” The doctor said warmly.

End Flashback

Sydney sighed. She couldn't believe she had given it all away. She wanted her old life back. She didn't like being a blue eyed blond. She wanted to go back to the chocolate colored eyes and hair she had had. She never would forgive herself, but she had to stay away, she knew that if she went back she would endanger them.

“Hey baby.” Josh said as he turned over and woke up.

“Hey yourself.” She tried to give him a big smile, but the only thing that came out was a small half smile.

“What's wrong?” He asked, sounding concerned.

“Nothing, just sleepy.” She gave a little more effort and a smile with her dimples peeping out.

“Well, it's our honeymoon, we can sleep all we want.” He snuggled up against her and they dozed off again.

Flashback

“...you are going to infiltrate a club, the hacker will have spikes with purple on the tips, and pierced right ear, all the way. You are to copy the hard drive and get out...” Jack Bristow directed. “Any questions, Agent Bristow, Agent Vaughn?” When no one said anything he said, “Good. Wheels up in an hour.”

“Sure you can still do this?” Vaughn asked in concern.

“I'm not having a baby for another 6 freaking months, I'm fine.” She said, sounding a bit frustrated that he asked.

A few moments he caught up with her and slipped his arms around her. “I'm sorry, I'll stop obsessing.”

“I'm sorry too, I'm hormonal today.” She turned around and wrapped her arms around the top of his shoulders.

“It's okay, you're allowed.” He pressed a soft kiss down into her skull, smelling the delicious smell of her hair.

They walked together to the tarmac where they would take off.

End Flashback

Sydney awoke and realized she was sobbing.

“What's the matter.” Josh sounding panicked beside her, she slowed her sobs until they were just sporadic whimpers.

“Sorry, I just must have had a nightmare.” She turned to face him and rested against his shoulder.

“It's okay to trust me you know.” He didn't sound like he was mad. He just was trying to understand what she was going through, slightly frustrated at what was causing her nightmare.

“I know, I'm sorry I don't, it's just, sometimes, I don't know who to trust. I love you.” She said, kissing him gently. She got up and went into the shower where she sobbed for about 15 minutes and turned into something that resembled a prune. She got out and dried herself off with one of the fluffy towels they had been provided with.

She sensed a presence and her senses went on high alert. She slowly turned around, but was hit behind with something so heavy that she just slipped to the ground like a sheet, everything black.

Great update. So she's obviously in witness protection or something. Who's found her? Let's hope she can get back to Vaughn and their daughter soon.

Thanks for the PM

She sensed a presence and her senses went on high alert. She slowly turned around, but was hit behind with something so heavy that she just slipped to the ground like a sheet, everything black.
So she's obviously in witness protection or something. Who's found her? Let's hope she can get back to Vaughn and their daughter soon.
I agree. Update soon!!!!!

I still want to know what made her leave...
Who just hit her on the head?
If she and Vaughn were married and didn't get a divorce, then she can't be married to Josh...right?
Thanks for the pm.

She's in hiding and had to give up a lot to protect everyone she loves. Unfortunately, she was found. Of course, the good thing that might come out of this, is that Josh will find out the truth about his 'wife' and her other life.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Hmmm...so her past is going to catch up to her and now she can go back to her former life. She can go back to Vaughn! Can I get a pm when you update again? Great start, really interesting! Can't wait for more!

Chapter 3

She tried to open her mouth to speak, but she couldn't because of a heavy piece of duct tape over her mouth and she heard a jangle of handcuffs against metal when she tried to take it off.

“Sleeping beauty awoke finally.” The voice sounding annoyed. She knew that voice. “I'm supposed to be dead right, huh, well I'm not and let me tell you, I am pissed at you and you are going to suffer.” She opened her eyes and they widened immediately in shock.

“Yes. It's me, McKenas Cole, you are responsible for me spending a year in a prison before your kind mother broke me out, and then when she died, left me a fortune so now, I am rich.” He sounded so smug.

“You thought that you could hide from me. Well, I saw through your little game and wow, do you look different.” He sounded like he was talking to someone that he knew wasn't going to make it, but she tried to tune him out while trying to look for a way out. He ripped the tape painfully off and she tried not to cry out, but it came out like a small cat letting out a small meow.

“Why am I here?” She snarled, not trying with pleasantries.

“Because I wanted you here.” He leaned up against the wall and smirked down at her. He was so cocky.

“There is nothing in the world that could make me work for you, and anyway, I'm married, there will be people looking for me.”

“Not if your body turns up, burned beyond recognition.” That shut her up. “Then, I'll frame a guy and put it into his mind, and he'll turn himself in out of guilt. Case solved.” He was so arrogant and so sure of himself. He reached over to her and wrenched her neck to one side. “Why don't you think about it for a while.” He injected her with something that made her go to sleep and he walked out, closing the door with a snap.

Flashback

“Shotgun!” Sydney screamed. She was running as fast as she could, but another guard appeared. “I need assistance!”

“Hang on!” She heard his voice, calming and soothing come through her comm unit. “Look to your left, there is a pair of stairs, I need you to run down and get off 5 stories down, can you do it?”

“Yes!” She put on a burst of speed and slammed the door quickly behind her. She jammed a small chair that was right next to it under it and hightailed it down the stairs. “Now what!”

“Get off and strip down to the business suit you were wearing!”

She stripped until she was wearing the customary three piece suit that many business women wear.

“Make up a story and keep it simple. I love you.” She smiled, but had stepped onto the floor, and couldn't reply.

She started to fake cry, one of her specialties. “They attacked us! They didn't care, their going to kill us! I want just to go home! I didn't come all this way to be killed!” She pretended hysteria, but was ready to run if she had too. She had kept her mask on so that no one would recognize her, and she didn't think that anybody had.

“It's alright Mary. Shh...” One of her fellow co-workers pulled her into a comforting hug and smoothed down her hair.

“It was so scary.” She pressed her face into the shoulder padding of Annie, one of her friends.

“I know. I know.” She rocked her slowly back and forth to help calm her down.

“Thanks.” Sydney said when she had collected herself enough to stop sobbing. Someone handed her a wad of tissues and she knew that hand. She turned to see disguised Vaughn giving her a compassionate hug. “John!” She gave him a giant hug too.

“Thank God you are safe Mary, I was so worried, I left the office immediately. I was so scared I was going to lose you, you mean the world to me.” She knew he meant the words about all the missions she had been on that had gone wrong or almost failed. She let his warmness surround her and she felt him pick her up. “I'm going to take her home and to therapy, most likely. She never liked adventure.”

“We hope you feel better tomorrow.” Annie said kindly.

“Thank you.” Vaughn said, pretending to sound compassionate.

“We understand, she always talked about how gentle you were. I wish everyone had a John.” Annie said. Maggie stepped forward with a purse, Sydney's purse.

“Thanks again.” He hefted her up again and carried her out to his car where he refused to put her down, even though she tried to get down.

“You really like adventure huh?” He leaned down to kiss her and they drove off together to the small house they shared, or was owned by the CIA.

End Flashback

-PLEASE R&R!!!!

-Nads

Back