Futurama-ama!

Hey this thread is for all you FUTURAMA fans out there!

I love the show and have all the seasons on DVD. I dare say that it is even better than the Simpsons (although Simpsons is pretty much a classic now). My favourite characters at the moment are Fry, Hermes, and the Professor.

I just love Hermes' sayings.

e.g. 'I'm as hungry as a rattlesnake in a sugar cane field'

OR 'My man-wich!'

This is animated, so it goes in the animated topic (animation trumps sci fi ;)).

coffeeheaven.jpg

(y)

aliasfanjay said:
Love Futurama. Have all four seasons on DVD and watch them all the time. One of my all time fave comedies! :D
[post="1181555"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I borrowed all four seasons from my cousin and enjoyed watching the episodes that I had seen before and watching the ones I hadn't. Its a shame the series didn't last longer...the show had real character but The Simpsons is too big of a franchise to compete with.

jess said:
I borrowed all four seasons from my cousin and enjoyed watching the episodes that I had seen before and watching the ones I hadn't.  Its a shame the series didn't last longer...the show had real character but The Simpsons is too big of a franchise to compete with.
[post="1210392"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
That's exactly it.
Also, The Simpsons can be taken on a lot of levels. There are a lot of jokes in the show that go straight over a lot of people's heads, but they can still enjoy it at face value.

Perhaps with Futurama it was a little harder to get unless you used your brain a bit?

Natalia said:
That's exactly it.
Also, The Simpsons can be taken on a lot of levels. There are a lot of jokes in the show that go straight over a lot of people's heads, but they can still enjoy it at face value.

Perhaps with Futurama it was a little harder to get unless you used your brain a bit?
[post="1217948"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think you're right there. Funny, comedies that are too complicated for general people tend to get dismissed eg. Arrested Development :angry:

How I love Futurama. It really sucks though, my parents let me watch Futurama, but not the Simpsons. :rolleyes: Oh well, Futurama rocks!! I need to get all 4 seasons on DVD when I get time. It's definitely one of my favorite animated series ever!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! :woot:

Futurama is back on teebee in Australia, and it's started all the way from the very beginning too! So YAY! I never used to watch it that much when it first came out, I kinda just stuck to the Simpsons... But DUDE! Futurama rocks! I love Bender! :lol:

I love the Professor alot. I really liked the show from the very beginning. That show has been around for a while now, and I love every minute of it.