Future Imperfect

Hey everyone,

:eek:ldhi:

Let me start by :sorry: for not being here for a while.. life's been extremely crazy.. between work and school.. I barely get anytime to stay on.. :Paranoid: With work, I get sent out of town for at least 2 days every week and then, when I get back into town, college takes up the rest of my time.. :confused: I could go on and on as to how busy I am, but don't wanna bore you all to tears.. :P .

I haven't forgotten my fics, but the updates will take a bit more longer than usual.. I will definitely try to be frequent, but no guarantees... :(

I appreciate all of your patience with me... :flowers: and thank you for staying along.

Previously:

With no humor, he tells her a little about the newly reformed Will Tippin, “You have no idea. Between training for the CIA along with several forms of martial arts from a variety of sources and my wife, I now know how to kill a person in ten different ways with just only a finger.”

Her eyes grew wide with tears again, “I never wanted to bring you into my life..”

He twisted his head to work out the small kink in his neck. While doing this, he closed his eyes and his mind slipped away to when she first went missing. While Vaughn and Jack went thoroughly over the physical evidence, he went through the tapes of when Irina Derevko was locked up and all the conversations with Vaughn, Jack Bristow and her for anything. It was easy to notice the contrasting clashing personalities between mother and daughter but the most common shared trait was the very commandeering presences. ‘Same ideology but different time period as well as players..’ At this thought, an eerie feeling passed through him as his eyes popped back open; while he stood on one side of this glass and Sydney was on the other.

He looked down for a minute to gather his thoughts and wondered if he should tell her about who else the CIA had. Even though she was exhausted, he figured he might as well tell rather her hearing this crucial news from someone else. “I am not sure if I’m supposed to tell you anything pertaining to Sark or your mother... but we have them both in custody.”

She had a stunned look on her face, “What?!? Sark and my mother? How?”

“Sark was betrayed by his own and brought in while Vaughn had gotten to your mother.” How could he explain the circumstances of how each were brought in? Everyone knew of Sark’s cliched situation but how Irina Derevko was brought back was something entirely different. The CIA had gotten the ‘avenging rogue agent’ version from Vaughn but only nine people, including him, his wife, Jack Bristow, Eric Weiss, Marcus Dixon, Marshall Flinkman along with his wife Carrie and Irina Derevko knew the actual detailed truth of her capture.

He watched as she went through the motions.

“You’re kidding, right? Vaughn brought in my mother? As in Michael Vaughn?”

He answered her without any hesitation, “Yes.”

“Even my dad couldn’t catch up to her...” She shook her heard, almost as if she was still trying to believe what I’ve just said, “He was a good agent, considerate lover then and now.. now he is the CIA’s f*cking Golden Boy and husband.”

He would not deny, at some point in his previous CIA free life, that he didn’t like that man, Michael Vaughn, especially when they first met. It was true, he was jealous of the man who came out of nowhere and stole the heart of the woman he had been so blindly in love with. Even before Sydney disappeared, he had seen the Vaughn wasn’t the malicious man he had made him out to be and that he was willing to help an unknown man get back who had been discredited and lost his career. Eventually, he’d gotten over Sydney and gained the respect of a man who didn’t know him but willing set him up with a new purpose in life. As soap opera-ish as this all sounded, he fell in love with his other best friend, gotten a covert governmental job and then suddenly, life took a drastic turn downhill. How his marriage comes into play in all this.. well, that’s a whole different story...

What she says breaks him out his current stream of thoughts. ”He is the most abso-f*cking-lutely perfect man.” Bitterness just oozed from her.

He sighed having enough of her sarcasm, “You might have known him then but he is a different man now so deal with it..” He snarled and walked away.

He passed by a nervous Colton on the way out and took a deep breath before walking out through the Ops Center, knowing that his conversation with Sydney was being taped on both audio and visual. He knew someone was bound to stop him to question his actions and surely enough, it was the bald ass who probably spit shined his head, jumped into his face.

“What the hell was that about Agent Tippin? She has been through enough. You didn’t have to tell her about Sark and Irina Derevko.”

One would have thought that this bastard actually cared about her if they heard what he just said but Will and others saw through his facade. He was afraid of the shock and emotional outburst the I just put her through and also that he took away the leverage over her.

Will had more of an important call to make and AD Kendall was wasting his time. “I told her what she had the right to know..” he replied coldly and walked away. He heard a few agent snicker and then go about their business.

People had lost respect for Kendall for the way he did not hand the recovery of Sydney when she went missing those two years ago, but for not having a life with a wife, kids and the average white picket fenced house outside work, the Agency took pity on him and let him keep his rank. Basically, he was just show and tell.

As Will reached the roof, he pulled out his CIA standard issue cell phone. Speed dialing the first number, he waited for the receiver to pick up.

“What?!?” The other voice greeted harshly. A few years back, Vaughn would never have answered his phone this way but again, the people and times change.

“You need to come back. She’s been expecting you..”

He let out a string of cusses while his voice changed, “I know, Will. I know.. I’m just trying to ..” A loud sigh is heard, “...cope with all this.”

In the past year that he came back, bringing along with him the infamous Irina Derevko to Los Angeles, he had gotten to know this multi-layered, perilously humble man known as Michael Vaughn. They may not have been related by blood but he became Will’s brother in every sense of the word. He knew that Vaughn wouldn’t hesitate to lay down his life for him and this idea was vice versa, my own for his. This also applied to the other eight members of the dysfunctional family unit they had created and were by far the most catastrophically ideal.

Vaughn cleared his voice, bringing Will out of his thoughts, “Give me ‘til the end of the week..” He said quietly and hung up.

He walked back down to the Ops center, having a slight clue as to where he might be but if Vaughn did not want to found, they would not be able to locate him. He had become a very resourceful man and could be anywhere but everyone knew they did not have to worry about him running away because despite all the changes, he was still a true man of his word.

He headed back down to his office to put a call to Jack and tell him about the session with his daughter. He rather Jack hear the whole story from him than that bald idiot...

Whatcha think?!?

The confrontation between Syd & Vaughn will happen... soon. Since it's been two years, keep in mind that everyone, and I do mean everyone has changed dramatically.

Farah :bye:

whats up with Vaughn? he better get back to Syd,if u know what i mean. *wink*. that was a great chapter,keep up the great work. (y)

-please PM me when the next chapter is up. :smiley:

ohhh that was great. hehe the bald idiot. I loved it. Why Vaughn why?! make Vaughn come back! please!!! :smiley:
--mandy :angelic:

Vaughn better get divorced and come back or i'll have a team of assasins after the wife. :Ph34r:

:deep breath: anyway, good jub! Superific! (y)

I don't understand what's up with Vaughn. I hope he sees Stdney real soon.
Great chapter, can't wait to read more. :woot: (y) (y) :starwras:
:eek:scar:

Hey all,

Just wanted to say I'm baack... :jump: .. and since I'm here... figured that I update as well..

Previously:

Vaughn cleared his voice, bringing Will out of his thoughts, “Give me ‘til the end of the week..” He said quietly and hung up.

He walked back down to the Ops center, having a slight clue as to where he might be but if Vaughn did not want to found, they would not be able to locate him. He had become a very resourceful man and could be anywhere but everyone knew they did not have to worry about him running away because despite all the changes, he was still a true man of his word.

He headed back down to his office to put a call to Jack and tell him about the session with his daughter. He rather Jack hear the whole story from him than that bald idiot.

The rest of the week went by pretty quickly with Will going as well as coming back from a few meetings at Langley; Jack along with Irina, after two weeks of endless searching, bringing in another round of stolen Rambaldi pieces from Sloane and lastly, the return of Eric Weiss with his team from a long term deep cover assignment of five months from the Middle East. With Marshall’s newly found position as Head of the Technical Department and his wife, Carrie’s keen knowledge of decoding Milo Rambaldi, they were soon deployed as CIA liaisons to the NSA Headquarters to help decipher the latest artifacts brought back by the elder Bristows’.

Throughout all of this, Sydney, meanwhile, became more aloof since her meeting with Will. She would start her day with moodiness and irritability, causing all the guards and even a few of her colleagues to steer clear of her cell. She would work out for an hour and when food was taken to her, she would eat an minimal amount and leave the rest.

All the people were still captivated by her lithe figure and the emanating persona as she was monitored. For all the Agents who remembered when Irina Derevko was held in that same cell, creeps were felt during the week when one of the Agents pointed out that Sydney had been working out in her cell for the past three hours non-stop. They had been aware that she had not been eating properly and the rate at which she was working out, she was viable to burnout from exhaustion.

Eric Weiss decided to go in early that morning since he had gotten a call the night before informing him that he did not sign the last few statements and finish writing the last of the reports.. Of all the things to forget, he didn’t sign his name. As he walked in, he saw that most of the Agents were crowded around one of the monitoring screens. The Agent that was standing off to the side saw him and quickly stood up straight.

Weiss frowned, “What’s going on? What is everyone watching?”

Rick, the Agent with glasses, that went rigid walked over to him, “Eric, it’s Ms. Bristow...”

Weiss nodded his head, “Yeah?”

“She does her daily routine of yoga and then moves onto martial arts.. Well,” he sighed before continuing, “..this morning, out of the blue, she started 4 am-“

“Four in the morning?” Weiss quickly looked down at his watch and it read 7:45am. At 4 in the morning, he was still off in La-La land. “What?!? Are you serious, Rick? And no one’s gone down there to try and stop her?!?” He angrily asked while walking to the monitor with Rick in tow.

At the sound of his heavy foot-falls, many of the Agents were broken out of their trances. As they turned, they saw the a grim look upon the Senior Agents’ face and many of them scampered away, scared of facing his wrath.

When Eric got to the monitors, he stopped dead in his tracks, doing a double-take of the scene that was being played in front of him. On the screen, it was almost as if he was taken back to two years ago, watching the exact same moves being done presently. He remembered when Irina Derevko was in that cell, working out as well, and he knew this because he had to monitor her on and off for a weeks as well. Was doing yoga as well as the sequence of practiced moves a part of the Bristow women genetic makeup? If one didn’t look close enough, Sydney could almost pass for the exact copy of her mother.

Since Vaughn was still unreachable, he decided to take the risk upon himself to try and go talk some sense into her. He heard that she had been back, as unbelievable as it may have seemed, he had just gotten back to the states yesterday afternoon and was sent directly for debriefings so he had not gotten the chance to visit her.

Eric remembered the first time his best friend disappeared, a week after the horrendous scene at Sydney’s apartment. After seeing that, Vaughn became unglued and suddenly just shut down completely. The following week, without a word to anyone, he left unexpectedly for his birthplace in France. At his unpredictable behavior, the CIA decided to monitor him and within another five days, he slipped from their radar and completely disappeared.

Since that incident, Eric reshaped himself to the fullest, going back to retrain for fieldwork again through the CST method. His access pounds, instead of shedding, he built up as muscles. He had delved fully into work, inputting his value to the CIA, living up to his Senior Agent status, and commanding teams successfully to make major dents in the demented Arvin Sloane’s plans all the while searching for both of his friends, Michael Vaughn and Sydney Bristow

As he was about to go down to her cell, Rick informed him of the turn of events, “Weiss.. Vaughn just went in to see Ms. Bristow..”

“When? Where the hell did he get back from this time?” Weiss asked, surprised.

“About 15 minutes before you did..” Rick shrugged his shoulders. “And don’t have the slightest clue but when he came through the doors... he seemed rather like a man possessed, “ he finished, with a somber look.

“Man possessed?” Weiss repeated his words, “What do you mean?”

“I don’t know how to explain it. It might seem crazy-“

“Crazy isn’t a word our lives, Rick. After everything we’ve seen and done, along with Irina Derevko’s compliance, Will’s wife and Sydney’s reappearance, surreal seems to be more of a fitting word.”

Rick nodded his head, “True. When Vaughn walked in though.. it was like the whole place just.. tingled, for a lack of a better word, with tension. As if an omen of sorts. He had a cagy but calculated look-" He stopped talking when he noticed on the screen that Vaughn had just walked up to the holding cell and pointed to Eric to watch.

All the Agents stood mesmerized by her grace-like movements, the concentrated precision of how she executed her kata. Eric as well as the others also noted a moment later, the gradual change in her sequence, slowing down with the shadow-boxing and eased into stretching, becoming sensuous a few seconds before Vaughn got there.

And when Vaughn walked through the door, each taking in the others’ looks until finally locking on, “Oh sh*t... let the fireworks begin...” Weiss muttered under his breath.

Just wanted to let you know that I finally got my darn 'net back but I still won't have much time to stay on... :( ..

Anyhow, thanks for staying along with me... just read and review... makes my day.

Farah :bye:

Oh foooo, for a sec I was likeYAH THERES MORE, THERES MORE. But then I relized you hadn't gotten as far here as at SD-1 or Fnanfiction.net. HURRY!
ITS GRRREEEAAAT!
( Yah I dead pan, must go clean up my lovel cats pee, she decided to skip the litter and use the closet and if I don't do it no alias tom. AHHHH.)

wow! Vaughn's gonna see syd! :woot: good to know that you're alive! it was great. more soon :D
--Mandy :angelic:

Ur just gonna leave us there?WHY?!..if vaughn doestn't sitch the wife soon.....u don't wanna know...i can't wait to se what happens. that was a great chapter,keep up the great work. :thumbsup"

-please PM me when the next chapter is up :smiley:

Back