Galaxy Quest 2 might be coming?

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
One of the funniest sci-fi parody movies in years, Galaxy Quest, might be getting a sequel! With a strong emphasis on Star Trek TOS (the original series) Galaxy Quest perfectly captured a lot of the subtle innuendos and jokes that long time fans loved while at the same time being bringing in new fans to the sci-fi genre. Great movie... if you haven't watched it yet you owe it to yourself to either rent it or pick up a copy for your collection.

From IESB.net comes news of a possible sequel..... :cool:

Iesb.net

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Source:IESB.NET[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Author: Robert Sanchez[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Galaxy Quest was by far one of the funniest movies of 1999. It's parody of the science fiction fandom was hysterically accurate. From the comic book conventions to the cult like following that certain sci-fi actor have. Galaxy Quest was an obvious jab at Star Trek and the sci-fi universe in general.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Galaxy Quest also had one of the funniest and most talented cast ever assembled. Tim Allen , Sigourney Weaver, Tony Shalhoub, Alan Rickman and Sam Rockwell had some of the best chemistry ever seen on the big screen.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We were fortunate to catch up with Tony Shalhoub at the Red Carpet World Premiere of the Incredibles at the El Capitan Theater. We asked Tony if there has been any word on a possible sequel to Galaxy Quest. To our surprise he said that there has been some recent talks about Galaxy Quest 2 and that he would do the sequel in a heartbeat. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We don't know how serious these talks are and in what stages they might be in. The first Galaxy Quest had a budget of $45 million and had a total take in of $72 million, not including it's DVD sales. It might be a risk worthy taking as long as the entire cast comes back with the exception of Daryl Mitchell who played Tommy Webber/Lt. Laredo, who had a near fatal motorcycle accident on November 2001 and is now paralyzed.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Click here for video interview with Tony Shalhoub (WMV)[/font]

I for one would like to see a sequel I still think that it is one of the funniest parodys done on Star trek. That and the one done on Family guy!

More Source on GQ2

I also enjoyed GalaxyQuest. I found a FanSite which discusses rumors and is dedicated to GQ. If Hollywood plays it right I feel it could go Big! I would watch a series. I'm kinda jonezing for some of that kind of scifi anyways!

Anyone ever watch Space Patrol...:P

skwirlinator said:
I also enjoyed GalaxyQuest. I found a FanSite which discusses rumors and is dedicated to GQ. If Hollywood plays it right I feel it could go Big! I would watch a series. I'm kinda jonezing for some of that kind of scifi anyways!

Anyone ever watch Space Patrol...:P
Thankfully 2005 will bring us the new Battlestar Galactica Series on the Sci-Fi channel. With only one more season of Star Trek: Enterprise in the works (at least according to the net rumors) and Stargate:SG1 getting close to it's 10th season it'll be good to have another show on the air.

KW802 said:
Thankfully 2005 will bring us the new Battlestar Galactica Series on the Sci-Fi channel. With only one more season of Star Trek: Enterprise in the works (at least according to the net rumors) and Stargate:SG1 getting close to it's 10th season it'll be good to have another show on the air.
I NEED space battles! I NEED WarpJumps and Big Glowing battleCannons !!!Bring it on!!!
:worthy:

I think that from now on I am going to be a Couch Potato on friday nights.

Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
BattleStar Galactica

all on one night heck I might even have to get a DVR from comcast just in case.

Back