Feedback Gallery Section Just for Books

Tom

An Old Friend
May I suggest opening a gallery section just for Book cover art and comic book art? I have uploaded some comic book covers and I think they should have a home of their own.

i had a british rail mapbook, had the entire London area around the Thames. looked like the startup to the soap over here "Eastenders" only with no industrialisation. it was from 1901 or something

fold out, material backed, stitched together and falling apart!

Maps in books-

earthsea1.jpg

Ah, gotcha' now. The last map on the bottom brought back memories of the cloth map that was included with Ultima IV on our old Apple //e! :D

King Kovifor... so what do think..... the books section is yours, would you like a Gallery category for it?

Depending on how we upload them and how we title them it could be possible to view an authors entire series by cover when comparing your collection to the series. Be nice to see special edition jackets and scanned signed jackets. As well as reader artwork inspired by books.

Some Ideas for content for Creative Imaginations gallery would be art and sketches from member writers bibles and notes.

Good place to put Con Photos with writers and stars of books to film too.

Booksigning posters, booksigning photos, author bios photos and illustrator bios photos

www.fantasticfiction.com is somewhere i go to get book covers to post in the "what have you read recently" thread, but book covers change from printing to country so i end up scanning the front of the book, hosting on image shack and using image coding to get the cover i own here on the site. after a few covers where i had used the ones at fantastic fiction, i will only use "my" cover now, or going back later i will probably confuse myself!!

even if a book cover section in the gallery was constructed, people will still image code to book sites, amazon, fantastic fiction, in similar threads to what we talk about above!

even if a book cover section in the gallery was constructed, people will still image code to book sites, amazon, fantastic fiction, in similar threads to what we talk about above!
I know but when you're mooded for art or looking for a cover it will be nice.

No problem.... I'll add it over the weekend but in the meantime you guys/gals can give me some suggestions on a name to call the new gallery category and also where to put.... that gallery index page is getting a little busy.

Kevin

SCI FI AND FANTASY -> Sub Category -> Books -> (sub sub categories?) 1. Covers -> 2. Illistrations -> 3.Book Fan Art (things based off of the book descriptions.) -> 4. Upcoming Book Covers (I'll move if possible to 1. when released)

Back