• In the days ahead we will be doing a mass pruning of user accounts that have never posted in the forums. If you have not yet posted, please do so soon to prevent your account from being deleted!

Game Demos

What are your feelings on DEMOs

• I like demos and buy many games from them

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I like free stuff and thats enough

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I buy games blindly

• I read reviews and buy from them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Downloading demos is stealing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All the good ones are too big!

• I don't play games

• other - post

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Tom

An Old Friend
I love game demos because since I started demoing(sp?) I buy less felgercarb and more games that I really like. I was wondering what everyone here thought about demos?

I hate buying a game and finding out I don't like it or it won't play on my system!
I also hate that my favorite games won't play on my system anymore
Redline
and
Acclaim's Machines

Tim

Creative Writer
Demo's are a convenient way to finding out just how good or bad a game is.

That said, a lot of pc games get optimised after release by patches, so the demo, unless also updated, will not represent the finished game. An example of this is apparently Arma, I played the demo and it was a slideshow and clunky. After a few patches it works a lot better now. I have put off purchasing the game to play with my clan online mainly due to that demo. The company behind the game have lost a lot of sales by not producing a demo that works out of the box, so to speak.

Demos are great for games im on the fence about.

I bought the newest superman game based on the demo alone, and I was happy with my choice.