Game Import (since 0.0.8.1)

xfrocks

Cadet
Hi guys,

I have just push the game import commit to Github. You guys should check it out. Attached the package in this post for convenience.

This release should not break anything. It just add one extra link in AdminCP to import file. You can either choose a game package (containing swf, gif, etc.) or a bundle (containing multiple game packages). Test data is attached below. Among other things, the add/edit game interface has some improvements too.

Kevin: Please move this thread to the correct forum if it's not appropriate to post here. Thank you.

Attachments

• XFArcade 0.0.8.1.zip
    311.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 3-games-bundle.zip
    72.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Mission To Mars (Angry Beaver).zip
    31.4 KB · Views: 107
Hi guys,

I have just push the game import commit to Github. You guys should check it out. Attached the package in this post for convenience.

This release should not break anything. It just add one extra link in AdminCP to import file. You can either choose a game package (containing swf, gif, etc.) or a bundle (containing multiple game packages). Test data is attached below. Among other things, the add/edit game interface has some improvements too.

Kevin: Please move this thread to the correct forum if it's not appropriate to post here. Thank you.

Will this do anything to the users with Luke's edits?

Looking at the first file, it looks to be..

Import works well....

If the Game isn't named... not sure where that comes from, it won't complete the import (Mission To Mars, ASKI)....

If it has no image, it will import and display a blank area (Mission To Mars)

I had to manually name the two above games to get them to "import".

The rest went through fine, and also had images with the exception of the first one. Not sure if those things were intended or not.

I can see that Mission To Mars Does have an image inside the zip, but for whatever reason, it is not pulling it. Maybe size (50x50)

Hmmmm... Not that, because the other three are all 50x50 and in .gif format as well. Not sure why it won't pull the information.

What OS & browser are you guys using? :cautious: On Windows 7 with Chrome I am getting an error when I try to import a .zip file.

View attachment 132
For testing I tried an IPB .tar file and it worked! (Yay! Very cool! :cool: ) It is possible that it is my server having an issue and not my client?

Attachments

• 0.0.8.1 Import Error.PNG
    0.0.8.1 Import Error.PNG
    14.9 KB · Views: 106
Some more information:
  • Kevin problem has to do with the PHP Zip extension. I use Zend Framework filter but under the hood, it needs the extension to work.
  • The name detection is by design. The importer will try to guess as much information as possible (reading the install .php file, looking at the package contents) but some times it fails. The importer will always show the form to let admin change data (and provide those that were missing).
  • For the Mars game, the included images are not named correctly. I believe they are JPEG but the file is named .gif. Not much can be done here...
Thanks guys for testing. At least now I know it work :D

Kevin problem has to do with the PHP Zip extension. I use Zend Framework filter but under the hood, it needs the extension to work.
... and you are correct, I didn't have have the PHP extension compiled. I thought I did and am surprised it hasn't come up before with some of my experiments. Just recompiled with the extension and now it loads is expected. Being able to upload directly from the client PC is very cool!
Thanks guys for testing. At least now I know it work :D
Definitely works! (y) The thing about the .zip files will be a support FAQ that stewart1champ, Edrondol, and myself will need to remember for when it comes up.

Currently the importer supports .zip and .tar packages. Not sure if there are other format out there? It should be easy to add support for .gz and the like later anyway.

The importer interface is not good enough. You guys have any suggestions?

Currently the importer supports .zip and .tar packages. Not sure if there are other format out there? It should be easy to add support for .gz and the like later anyway.
Unless there are Linux client guys out there using .gz files, .tar & .zip should cover it. .tar is used for IPB games and in the short term that is likely what 99% of the sites will be using. v3 Arcade games (aka: "core") are distributed in .zip format but the usage of v3A games has been overshadowed by the usage of IPB games, in particular IPB v32 games. Looking forward, Mochi games, if they are not installed directly through the ACP, can be download from their site in .zip files.

The importer interface is not good enough. You guys have any suggestions?
Give it a day for some experimenting. :smiley:

Can you guys try the attached file? It is an IPB game in .tar format. The importer read the file and fills in the values but when clicking the "Import" button it puts me back at the same screen without actually saving anything.

Attachments

• game_bejeweled.tar
    251 KB · Views: 81
Can you guys try the attached file? It is an IPB game in .tar format. The importer read the file and fills in the values but when clicking the "Import" button it puts me back at the same screen without actually saving anything.
You still have the default demo games installed right? The slug is identical to the default one (bejeweled). That's why it's not saved.

You still have the default demo games installed right? The slug is identical to the default one (bejeweled). That's why it's not saved.
Ah, good catch. For dummies like me :bag:, perhaps an error message could be displayed if problems found?

Back