Game Suggestions

I would like to see as much customization in character creation as possible. Not just in appearance but in class creation as well.

One of my favorite char creations I have seen was in a old game called Daggerfall, although the game was not as enjoyable.

First of all I will use one of simu. currently running games as an example (gemstone III)

instead of choicing a class have a customizable class. where you could select a set up primary, and secondary skills- so many for each.

Now say ambush is 1/2 one mental and 2 physical/ this would be the cost for this skill as a primary, for a secondary it would be 2/4. and if not selected 4/8

Now you could blah any char your would like, selecting to be part wizard/sorc. by take primary wizard and sorc spells/ at 0/10 each.

I would also like to see advantages and disadvantages for a char. Fire damage does half damage, Fire immunity, Fire spells do 2x damage etc.

THis would be everytime you char selects an advantage they have to select a disadvantage or disadvantages to even out the cost fo the advantage you select, In fact i could come up with a long list of these easily

Thou I still do not know how char creation and comat will be in hero journey. THis is just my 2 cents.

l8r
Dalacane

Originally posted by dalacane@Mar 9 2006, 04:12 AM
I would like to see as much customization in character creation as possible. Not just in appearance but in class creation as well.

One of my favorite char creations I have seen was in a old game called Daggerfall, although the game was not as enjoyable.

First of all I will use one of simu. currently running games as an example (gemstone III)

instead of choicing a class have a customizable class. where you could select a set up primary, and secondary skills- so many for each.

Now say ambush is 1/2 one mental and 2 physical/ this would be the cost for this skill as a primary, for a secondary it would be 2/4. and if not selected 4/8

Now you could blah any char your would like, selecting to be part wizard/sorc. by take primary wizard and sorc spells/ at 0/10 each.

I would also like to see advantages and disadvantages for a char. Fire damage does half damage, Fire immunity, Fire spells do 2x damage etc.

THis would be everytime you char selects an advantage they have to select a disadvantage or disadvantages to even out the cost fo the advantage you select, In fact i could come up with a long list of these easily

Thou I still do not know how char creation and comat will be in hero journey. THis is just my 2 cents.

l8r
Dalacane
Well welcome to the forums by the way! Make sure you post in the Introduce yourself thread.

Anyways, about your ideas I think I get what you're saying, although still a bit complicated. I know Gemstone had a really unique way of handeling skills, but I'm not sure if a system like the one you are mentioning would be very successful in a MMORPG. Kind of complicated, but it could be done if done correctly.

As to your comment about character creation, and customization. The screenshots recently posted on MMORPG.com amaze me. Another new set of clothes for the archers. I honestly cannot wait for this game. To walk around a Cleric in full shiny plate, and then switch to some pure white garments when walking around town.

Wouldn't it be wierd if I went into a pub?

Originally posted by dalacane@Mar 9 2006, 04:12 AM
You should read the QandA's here, they give you some idea.

As for character creation, I would like to see a character creation program
(like EQ2 had) released before the game is. This would let us make our
characters before hand, save them and have them ready when the game goes live.

This does two things:
1. It saves us the time it would take to make a character and lets us jump right into the fun.
2. It would advertise the game and let those who haven't been exposed to it see just
how awesome it will be. I know such a program would get me even more hyped.

Originally posted by Aries+Mar 9 2006, 04:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aries @ Mar 9 2006, 04:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dalacane@Mar 9 2006, 04:12 AM
You should read the QandA's here, they give you some idea.

As for character creation, I would like to see a character creation program
(like EQ2 had) released before the game is. This would let us make our
characters before hand, save them and have them ready when the game goes live.

This does two things:
1. It saves us the time it would take to make a character and lets us jump right into the fun.
2. It would advertise the game and let those who haven't been exposed to it see just
how awesome it will be. I know such a program would get me even more hyped. [/b][/quote]
Score. I agree. That is something I am seroiusly going to start pushing for with the developers when I have time. It will give people an assurance, that the game is coming out, and every night we can brag about the characters we've made.

Yes but to have a Char Creation like this.

What other mmorp would have this ability. None

yes it would take some programming.

Yes it would take some balancing to get the char generation correct.

And of course the benefits to pvp. You would never know what skills or spells your opponet would be bringing to the table.

Even in wow. Fighting a mage class you know at general they would either be hitting you with fireblast. Fireball. Poly. or missles normally. Where as a warlock would be using fear and dots. Maybe a few would go up the destruction tree.

And generally after the first cast or attack you know they type of char you are fighting, and would know how to best counter.

Now if you had a warrior with some mage skills.

your opponet being smart sees you hammering away will try and back off and take them out at range. while a custom char may be able to throw a few spells as well.

anyway just my 2 cents. It would take a lot more programming as such to do something like this. and again I do not know how this game with be handling its abilitys and spells.

If they are going to be just spells and ability or set as skills

on Another matter A cleric, I also like In gemstone that you would need a cleric or healer to bring you back to life. Causes more roleplaying and time. "Makes you feel as if you die it matters" Because it would take so long to recieve your healing and resurrection. Games today like warcraft and such you die run back to char revive you are back in. THis means theres no worry about the areas you go to. Ah who cares lets go and see whats in this room.

And on the matter of a cleric. If you where to implement a Player Rez. Instead of a NPC or Game Rez. Maybe this suggestion would help Clerics feel more incliened to Stay around more to REZ.

Suggestion.

Have a Faith meter That goes up as clerics raise player char. Now as your Cleric goes up the will get Prayers from there god. "these prayers would have nothing to do with there normal spells" And as such would be very powerful.

Lets say a Cleric Raises a dozen or so and gets to the first prayer. Maybe it would be If a Good Cleric, area effect bless. All members in party are + to hit and damage, now this prayer comes when lets say you have 20 faith.

Ok then you have a choice you can use this at anytime or keep building faith for higher level prayers, but at anytime you use with remove 20 faith from your Cleric.

Or you can keep going and raising you might reach 40 faith which would be Something else maybe cure plague. Where a evil Cleric might be cause plague. Which would debuff a char stats until cured by a cleric.

So now he has 40 faith can use 40 faith to cure someone or cast bless party twice.
Can also add in cleric group buffs, Other horrible diseases. Cures. and as you go up battlefield prayers that could help turn the tide of a loosing battle. Images a cleric on your team that has built up a lot of faith.

The only other thing you would have to look at is people dying on purpose to generate faith for a cleric. To stop this from happening the cleric would only be able to recieve faith from each char around. once a day or week.

Also there should be some down time on the char who was rez. to return to combat.
Dalacane

Delacane I really like hte idea of the 'faith' meter. Just like the rage meter in WoW. I'm sure they could come up with something like this! I loved that idea!

FFXI had a system like that called TP. It was pretty neat, hopefully HJ will incorporate some of these ideas into the game.

i would like to be able to climb trees. both for fun, and for ambushing people.

emotes that interact with other characters. even if its simple stuff like shaking hands or a high five. making out and arm wrestling would be welcome though.

a robust "looking for group" system. wow's barely has one, and it sucks. daoc had a decent one, but it coudl be vastly improved.

instruments. and better than previous games. i envision a system where an instrument you buy/find gives you the sound. there is a global tempo everyone is playing to, 4/4 timing. then you get a 16 beat sequencer to pick your notes/chords for each of the beats. people might be inclined to hang out at your guild house if you got some nice music going.

if you have drinking, why cant you smoke. gandelf and bilbo smoked in the shire. you could have all kinds of different smoke effects.

pvp that promotes player skill over character twink power.

Originally posted by volune@Mar 11 2006, 01:36 AM
i would like to be able to climb trees. both for fun, and for ambushing people.

emotes that interact with other characters. even if its simple stuff like shaking hands or a high five. making out and arm wrestling would be welcome though.

a robust "looking for group" system. wow's barely has one, and it sucks. daoc had a decent one, but it coudl be vastly improved.

instruments. and better than previous games. i envision a system where an instrument you buy/find gives you the sound. there is a global tempo everyone is playing to, 4/4 timing. then you get a 16 beat sequencer to pick your notes/chords for each of the beats. people might be inclined to hang out at your guild house if you got some nice music going.

if you have drinking, why cant you smoke. gandelf and bilbo smoked in the shire. you could have all kinds of different smoke effects.

pvp that promotes player skill over character twink power.
Wow you have a lot of ideas! I really liked a lot of what you said. Climbing trees would be kinda cool to ambush people. With the emotes I dunno. MxO did great with the emotes, possibly Simutronics could look to them for what was done.

Next, onto the LFG. I think a good LFG is always important. I've never seen a game like FFXI do it correctly. They did it pretty well, they just made it so you had to party.

The instrument idea I was actually thinking of a few days ago. That would be kind of cool to create your ownmusic via in-game.

PVP FOR THE WIN!!!

It would be nice if Rogues could have a chance of going invisible even during combat. This way they would have a chance to get a second backstab or even escape if soloing or in the primary target position. I would imagine it also help with with duels.

I would also like to see better prices the more you frequent a particular vendor.

Originally posted by Volfie@Mar 11 2006, 07:57 PM
It would be nice if Rogues could have a chance of going invisible even during combat. This way they would have a chance to get a second backstab or even escape if soloing or in the primary target position. I would imagine it also help with with duels.

I would also like to see better prices the more you frequent a particular vendor.
Those are some great ideas. I've never truely seen a game company do the rougues correctly. You should be able to do a numerous amount a things besides 'backstab'.

Also about the vendors. GREAT IDEA! I freaking love it, even though its not that big of a thing, it would help out!

Originally posted by frostydf2+Mar 12 2006, 02:42 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (frostydf2 @ Mar 12 2006, 02:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Volfie@Mar 11 2006, 07:57 PM

Those are some great ideas. I've never truely seen a game company do the rougues correctly. You should be able to do a numerous amount a things besides 'backstab'.

Also about the vendors. GREAT IDEA! I freaking love it, even though its not that big of a thing, it would help out! [/b][/quote]
Simu does everything right. (I know there are people who would disagree with me, but quite honestly they are the best game company I have EVER played games from.)

For example thieves in DR.. (THEY DON'T EXIST)

so um, "Urban Rangers"

the guild is actually hidden, and although you can find the location if you CHEAT, it's pretty much impossible to find..

And if you ARE a thief.. *cough* Urban Ranger, you have to actually deny the guild..

They can't teach stealing to non "urban rangers" and the backstab skill is way better (better meaning stronger and hurts more) than just ambushing someone from hiding like other guilds have to. They also get "cookies".

Expect to see the most complete and most likely the most fun classes you will ever see in an MMORPG.

Yeah me too. I tried other guilds in DR but I really don't like them like I like urbies.

Divi's a huge hunter, and pretty bad at stealing (for her circle), but I still wouldn't change her guild.

Back