Gamers, what type of SciFi games do you like?

Ogden2k

Cadet
I just picked up Advent Rising, an excellent Scifi game. It has a very intriguing story line + charactors.

Halo 1 and 2 are my other favorites. The Metroid Series is another one of my favorites along with Half-Life.

I have a short attention span so I tend to play either simple shooters (I'm in my 30's so I grew up on stuff like PacMan & Dig Dug, etc.) or stuff like Duke Nukem 3D.

Ooohh..... something shiny!

It's got to be space/trading/combat games for me. I cut my teeth on Elite back in the eighties and I still haven't found anything that feels the same. Xbeyond frontier, Freelancer, homeworld, I don't know why but they just don't seem to cut it. Maybe it's like your first kiss, or first car and nothing will recapture that moment.

I've heard rumours that David Braden one of the creators of Elite is working on Elite 4. Anyone know of this is true? Man I hope so.

Keep it real people :smiley:

dodge50 said:
It's got to be space/trading/combat games for me. ....
I'm not familiar with the Elite series but if you go back to the 80's..... were you hooked on Trade Wars 2002 like the rest of us back then? :D

I'm a shoot'em ups fan -Halo, Area 51 current favourites -mostly use Xbox but have all systems -any recommendations?

the best FPS fighting game for the pc is Novalogics : Joint Operations Typhoon Rising. but only with the fee Mod from brutal-arts.com. game requires your system to be high spec though. barton 2500+, 1gig pc3200, nvidia 6600gt minimum!

hayden said:
I'm a shoot'em ups fan -Halo, Area 51 current favourites -mostly use Xbox but have all systems -any recommendations?
So Area 51 would be worth picking up? Is it more solo oriented or online team oriented like Halo?

Halo, first version, is more a single player game, with online multiplayer being a low res version!!! or at least it was when i bothered to have it installed. i finished it on the xbox, got it for the pc, decided i couldn't be bothered to go for days and finish it on this too :smiley: although i did used to host online games frequently for it , so have a lot of experience setting the games up

Area 51 -fps similar to Halo - but your actions are dictated by orders or the action of team of whom you have no control -lots of secret bits found by continuous trial and error which does get annoying. If it had the same approach as eg. Desert Storm, it would be a better game.

Back