Drama Garden State

SecretAgentMan

Caution: Beware of Male
Drama and Romance

1 hr. 49 min.

When Andrew Largeman (Braff) returns to his hometown in New Jersey for the first time in 10 years to attend his mother's funeral, he is reconnected with the world he left behind, and meets a girl, Samantha (Portman), who may change his life forever. Having recently stopped taking the powerful antidepressants he had been prescribed for years, Largeman's journey of self-discovery prompted by his return causes him to have a more healthy rediscovery of himself, which includes confronting his psychologist father (Holm) and helping Samantha through her own psychological issues.

Release Date: July 30th, 2004 (limited release).

MPAA Rating: R for language, drug use and a scene of sexuality.

Distributor: Fox Searchlight Films and Miramax Films

Starring: Zach Braff, Natalie Portman, Ian Holm, Peter Sarsgaard, Geoffrey Arend
Directed by: Zach Braff
Produced by: Gary Gilbert, Dan Halsted, Pamela Abdy, Richard Klubeck

Trailers

Reviews

I'm dying to see this. *sigh* I just hope it comes to a theater in RI. I love Zach Braff. The kid is a friggen genius. Plus I'm an indie movie freak. ^_^

oh how i want to see this movie. but i know it won't be released here because we're not good enough for independent films. :(

I just saw Garden State! Luckily, I was in NYC so I got to see it, since it won't be coming out near me. It was a GREAT movie! I thought the whole cast did well, but I especially liked Natalie Portman's performance. If it comes out near you - you should go see it. If not, rent it as soon as it comes out on DVD! hehe

it won't be anywhere near me until this friday, but I've been itching to see this for months! It looks funny and sad and quirky and thoughtful... and yeah. my type of movie. :sigh:

zach braff also has a blog which I've been reading rather obsessively. :mellow:

^ ACK! I want to KISS you, Kate (lol there's a double entendre... :lol:smiley:. :run: :::runs of to read::: SQUEE!

I heart Zach Braff. :love: :blush:

a.k.a.Kate_Jones said:
it won't be anywhere near me until this friday, but I've been itching to see this for months! It looks funny and sad and quirky and thoughtful... and yeah. my type of movie. :sigh:

zach braff also has a  blog which I've been reading rather obsessively. :mellow:
[post="944507"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Thanks for the link! Very cool!!