Garner Attending Disney Animation Children's Party

M

Marlene

From Yahoo!-

A Once-In-A-Lifetime Disney Animation Children's Party!

Wednesday August 13, 8:39 pm ET

Top Disney Animation Filmmakers Will Meet With 100 Young Artists At Exclusive Lunch September 6 in Disney's California Adventure

The Event Celebrates the Disney Animation Within 'The Wonderful World of Disney' on ABC

Michael Eisner Will Host the Lunch

Disney's California Adventure Celebrates 'ABC Primetime Preview Weekend' September 6 and 7

ANAHEIM, Calif., Aug. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- Only The Walt Disney Company could do it! Six of the top creators of modern animated motion pictures will join Michael Eisner, in his role as "Head Mouseketeer" of The Walt Disney Company, in hosting 100 children for lunch and a hands-on demonstration of how films like "Lilo & Stitch," "The Lion King" and "Tarzan" are made. The special occasion will begin at 11:30 a.m. Saturday, September 6, in the Disney Animation attraction in Disney's California Adventure park in Anaheim.

It will be an exclusive event, open only to the invited children, age 6 to 9 years old, who have been chosen based on their interest in the arts from neighborhood schools in Los Angeles and Orange counties. The event will also celebrate the beginning of the new season for "The Wonderful World of Disney," which will feature these animated classics on its Saturday night ABC schedule this year.

The children will view dazzling images from Disney animated features, create their own drawings, and experience animation through the eyes of the top Disney animation filmmakers themselves.

Animation filmmaking legends appearing at the event include Don Hahn, the producer of "Beauty and the Beast," "The Lion King," "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" and "Atlantis: The Lost Empire"; Glen Keane, supervising animator of such characters as Ariel ("The Little Mermaid"), Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, Tarzan and John Silver ("Treasure Planet"); and Andreas Deja, supervising animator of such characters as Jafar, Scar, Hercules and Lilo.

The roster of top animation filmmakers in attendance will also include the co-directors of "Lilo & Stitch": Chris Sanders (who provided the voice of Stitch) and Dean DeBlois. Representing the next wave of state-of-the-art digital animation will be Eamonn Butler, supervising animator on "Dinosaur."

While filmmakers and kids are celebrating "The Wonderful World of Disney" in the Disney Animation building, other guests in Disney's California Adventure will be enjoying the opportunity to see more than 70 stars of other ABC Primetime series appearing throughout the park for the second annual "ABC Primetime Preview Weekend," September 6 and 7.

Among the ABC Primetime stars appearing in Disney's California Adventure that weekend will be Jennifer Garner ("Alias"), Jim Belushi ("According to Jim"), Dennis Franz ("NYPD Blue"), Ed O'Neill ("L.A. Dragnet"), and John Ritter and Katey Sagal ("8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter"), plus Jennifer Schefft and Andrew Firestone, who found romance on "The Bachelor."

Part of the fun of "ABC Primetime Preview Weekend" will be a lineup of entertaining and unusual in-park activities. Some of these will include actual TV opportunities for lucky Disney's California Adventure guests. Guests may be selected to appear in a scene with an ABC Primetime star as part of the "ABC Casting Call" show, or test their romantic quotient for "The Bachelor" or "The Bachelorette" as part of the "ABC Reality Check" show. Other highlights include photo opportunities with Primetime stars, an "ABC Parade of Stars" each day, audience Q&A sessions with Primetime stars, special screenings of new series pilots, and a live performance each evening by Jim Belushi and The Sacred Hearts.

The official "ABC Primetime Preview Weekend" site is located at ABC.com, Keyword: PPW. Fans will be able to get the latest, up-to-date information on the ABC stars that will be attending, an overview of the weekend's events and times, and a printable park map. For general Disneyland Resort information call (714) 781-4565 or visit www.disneyland.com .

Urgh.. my dad will never let me go!!!! AHHHH!!!!! I live too far away and I don't think my dad will drive 5 hours for me to go there or him paying for a plane ticket to get there in an hour! AHHH! Hmph. I WANNA SEE HER!!!!!

Aww man I was freaking out up until I realized it was Disney Californina...I'm going to Disney's Night of Joy in Orlando on the 5th ad 6th. BUMMER!!! :sigh: Oh well, those lucky little kids... :P

Back