Garner Changes Name to Affleck

Cast News

Official News Poster
South Florida

Garner changes her name to Affleck

World Entertainment News Network
Posted December 23 2005

"Alias" star Jennifer Garner has changed her name to Jennifer Affleck, so she can share her surname with her baby daughter Violet.

The stunning actress, 33, married her Daredevil co-star Ben Affleck in June and gave birth to Violet earlier this month.

In a recent donation made by Garner to Democrat hopeful Deval Patrick's local government campaign, the film star signed her name as Jennifer Affleck.

why couldn't Violet be Garner Affleck and not just Affleck... then jen wouldn't have to change her name

it would be too weird for me to start calling her jen affleck

^^^I would hate to see what would happen then.... *shudders*

I'm happy that Jen has found happiness... but yet I'm still bitter about it being Ben Affleck.... :confused:

Jen Affleck just doesn't flow.... but if she's happy.... I really hope hat she keeps Jen Garner as her stage name tho (agreed with whoever said this first...)

i think it'll work out. Jennifer [insert last name] doesn't seem like the have-a-baby-and-change-last-name-only-to-get-divorced-later-down-the-road type of person. she may be the "black sheep" in the family, but she's still a traditional kinda gal.

Oh My God :thud:

Jennifer Aflleck ... sounds iffy ... eeewww ... don't like it :puke:

Sorry Jen ... you are Jennifer Garner always to me ... and oh God, for Violet's sake, keep JG as your stage name ... please

Maybe I'm just crazy but I don't get why people are freaking out over this and fearing she will use Jennifer Affleck professionally. Lots of actresses get married, legally take their husband's name, and continue to use their maiden for professional reasons. When Jennifer Aniston was married to Brad Pitt her legal name was Jennifer Pitt. Same with Jessica Simpson. Plus, I believe when Jennifer was married to Scott Foley her last name was Foley as well. Tons of women take their husband's name. I don't see why Jennifer doing so is such a big deal. :confused:

maybe because it says "Garner changes her name to Affleck" ... it doesn't state that she is just taking her husbands' name, but that she is changing "her name" ...

and yes, all actresses take their husband's name and keep using their own name professionally ... ;)

:blink: :blink:

Wow, angel Audie said it perfectly. It happens all the time. Shouldn't be big news, but since Jen is a huge star, and married to a huge star, people just can't help but freak out about it. She's taking her husband's name privately ( because privately means donations, governmental documents, and other fun stuff) and keeping her name Jen Garner professionally. It isn't too hard to figure out. Plus considering she became famous after she married Foley and she still had her name Jennifer Garner, kinda thinking that will stick in this case too.

I'm all for the marriage, but I don't think I can get used to her being JA instead of JG. *shakes head* I don't like change. Change is bad. :lol: But I think that's cute of her!!!

ew. i dont like it one bit..
and i still want that paternity test!!

Gartan forever!

Dude. Jennifer and Michael, who were, you know, the ones actually personally involved, have moved on. Perhaps it's time you did as well.

Also? Check your sig length.
-Jinnie

Back