Garner Changes Name to Affleck

:blink: :blink:

Hey now!! You might not like that she changed her name privately, but what does that have to do with paternity tests? Thats kinda disrespectful and kinda getting old. :angry:

Well I guess it's okay considering we would all have a cow if Sydney doesn't change her name to Sydney Vaughn when Vaughn turns up alive and marries her......

When I think of JA (JG) I think of the little Aflac duck.

So in my crazy head I think Jennifer, and the duck pops up and says AFLAC.

I know.

:blink:

EDIT: Natalie, this is completely out of place but I LOVE YOUR SIG. I'll go away now.

Jennifer Affleck sounds soooooo ugly..........

that's all i have to say.....

and let me tell you if I start seeing Starring Jennifer Affleck on the opening for Alias i'm going to scream......

I honestly don't think Jennifer [insert last name] cares what her fans think about her surname change. this is part of her personal life and shouldn't really be causing this much of a "controversy".

i think the big deal for most of us (besides some of us still not being able to cope with the Bennifer2 marriage) is that we've been used to seeing her name as Jennifer Garner, so it's a bit...i dunno...weird that it's suddenly going to be Jennifer Affleck. it's kinda like when Britney Spears said "i'd like to change my lastname to Federline, but i don't think society would approve." although, i have to say if she's taking Affleck professionally, more power to her.

and on another note: i don't think the paternity test would be necessary because Jen's a standup gal like that ;)

I am nost such a huge fan of the name Affleck in general. I do agree- the duck pops up in my head every time I hear it. :smiley: I hear "Jennifer Duck". I wonder if it happens when she hears it! Ha! Hope she sticks with Garner for her professional things.

I am nost such a huge fan of the name Affleck in general. I do agree- the duck pops up in my head every time I hear it. :smiley: I hear "Jennifer Duck". I wonder if it happens when she hears it! Ha! Hope she sticks with Garner for her professional things.

And I thought I was the only crazy one.

I would accept her changing her last name, I mean its her life

HOWEVER... i can't help thinking that Affleck sounds like a disease :

'sorry i won't be at work today, i have a bad case of Affleck'

As much as I dislike Ben Affleck, and the sound of Jennifer Affleck, if that's what she wants to do, and if changing her name makes her happy, then I'm all for it. However, as stated many times above, she better keep her stage name, because I swear to God, if I hear "starring Jennifer Affleck" I think I just might have a heart attack. She'll always be JG.

Affleck...Jennifer Affleck...AFFLAK! I think it says a lot that she's changing her name. It says hey
"I'm serious this is who I want", and I am very sure JG(JA!)could really really care less. It doesn't roll as well but I guess that's not the point :smiley:

It sounds weird, but that's probably because we're not used to it. Also we probably want her to keep her own name as if she couldn't keep her freedom with her new name.

Maybe I'm just crazy but I don't get why people are freaking out over this and fearing she will use Jennifer Affleck professionally. Lots of actresses get married, legally take their husband's name, and continue to use their maiden for professional reasons. When Jennifer Aniston was married to Brad Pitt her legal name was Jennifer Pitt. Same with Jessica Simpson. Plus, I believe when Jennifer was married to Scott Foley her last name was Foley as well. Tons of women take their husband's name. I don't see why Jennifer doing so is such a big deal. :confused:

Exactly. When a woman gets married her last name automatically changes to her husbands. Just because Jennifer's name has changed to Affleck doesn't necessarily mean it'll be what she uses professionally.

Back