Superheroes Elektra (2005)

What Did You Think Of Elektra?

• It was absolutely awesome! It was Jen's best movie yet...but it was too short! I didn't want it to e

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was really good..a bit more than I expected...

• It was about what I expected...It wasn't bad...worth buying

• It wasn't all that great...I expected more out of Jen and would maybe think about buying it?

• It was terrible! What was Jen even doing in a film like that? I'm very dissapointed in the all-aroun

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I agree that she should not look like Syd. Elektra is nothing like her, except for the whole kicking butt part, but their characters are not alike. As for seeing Daredevil, I thought it was depressing, but if you like the comics or Ben Affleck, maybe it will be better for you.
Well, I don't like Ben Affleck OR comics, but maybe I'll check it out when the next DVD sale is on!

i agree with mandy about the kill bill vibe - but only cos jen looks SO much like daryl hannah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: its uncanny.

awesome poster - cant wait for the movie :woot:

I think Elektra is more like Punisher than like DD. And after seeing Elektra first look it looks very good. Many nature locations. Usually superheroes wander about the city.

jess said:
Wasn't Punisher bad?  I heard the movie was of poor quality...
[post="1024497"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Well not LIKE Punisher I mean similliar character. Punisher was a kind of darker character. So is Elektra. And I must say I enjoyed Punisher, have a DVD.

Contains spoilers for the Jennifer Garner movie "Elektra"!

From SciFi.com:

Jennifer Garner, who plays the title role in the upcoming comic-book movie Elektra, told SCI FI Wire that her character goes to a dark place in the film, the follow-up to 2003's Daredevil. "Elektra is lethal," Garner said in an interview during a break in filming last June. "In Daredevil, [she] was somebody who was on the verge of being lethal who was surprised to find herself vulnerable to someone. [But] once her father's killed—and this is true in the comic books, and it is in the films as well—once her father is killed, there is no light for her in the world anymore."

Elektra picks up the story years after the events in Daredevil. Elektra has become the world's most dangerous assassin, working for a nefarious criminal organization called The Hand. She has come to this dark point in her life after losing her dad, falling out with her one true love, Matt Murdock, and being rejected by her mentor and martial-arts instructor, the blind and inscrutable Stick (Terence Stamp).

Elektra begins to doubt her choices when she takes on a new assignment: killing a young girl, Abby (Canadian newcomer Kirsten Prout), who lives with her father, Mark (ER's Goran Visnjic). Sensing a kindred spirit in young Abby, Elektra makes the fateful decision to protect the pair. That puts her in The Hand's crosshairs, and the trio must run from the group's most lethal ninja killers, led by the mystical Kirigi (Die Another Day's Will Yun Lee) and the supernatural Typhoid Mary (Natassia Malthe).

Garner said the movie is about Elektra's need for redemption. "It comes up and smacks her in the face, much like falling for Matt Murdock did," she said. "Except I think this is much more of a surprise, and it's more of a twist, and it's something she fights a lot harder than she fought falling for Matt."

The scary thing about Elektra, Garner admitted, is playing the lead role in a big action movie. "I've really missed hiding behind a big, red devil," she said, referring to Ben Affleck's character in Daredevil. Elektra, based on the Marvel Comics series, opens Jan. 14, 2005.
[source]