Garner Gets Away to Hawaii, W. Virginia

M

Marlene

Yahoo!-

Fri May 30, 5:42 AM ET

"Alias" star Jennifer Garner says a trip to Hawaii and a visit with her parents in West Virginia helped her cope with her recent separation from actor Scott Foley.

Garner, 31, blamed irreconcilable differences for the breakup in papers filed in Los Angeles Superior Court earlier this month. The couple married in October 2000. The court papers listed their separation date as March 23, the day of the Academy Awards. Garner, a presenter at the Oscars, attended without Foley.

In an interview to air Thursday on "Access Hollywood," Garner told Pat O'Brien, "I have such great girlfriends, and I was able to go away with them to Hawaii for almost a week and I went home to my parents in West Virginia for a week, so I had a nice time away."

She's also been busy working on the comedy "13 Going on 30."

"It's like `Big' in many ways, but it makes me nervous to say that because Tom Hanks was so brilliant and it's such an incredible, beautiful movie that to compare myself to him is nerve-racking," said Garner, who stars as spy Sydney Bristow on ABC's "Alias."

She co-starred with Ben Affleck in the action movie "Daredevil," and is set to star in "Elektra," a spinoff based on her "Daredevil" character.

good for her, i'm glad she was able to escape for a little while. everyone deserves that, especially someone who works as hard as she does and who has gone through what she has.

I saw Access Hollywood on thursday, & it was really remarkable that
Jen was doing well & she appreciates the support we're giving her
during the last few weeks. :P

Back