Garth Nix

Has anyone read the Abhorsen trilogy? You know, Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen? Just wondering... didn't see anything about those or the author on this board. I've just recently reread them. Love them to pieces. These are undoubtedly some of the best books I've ever read! :jump:

You should definitely read them! They're real great! I wish Nix would continue them into more books... I've reread Sabriel 3 times, Lirael twice, and Abhorsen just once. Overall, great trilogy. I'd definitely recommend it to everyone I know and those I don't.

ooohhhh. I've read them. They are great. :D I have read Sabriel 3 times, Lirael 2 times and Abhorsen once. I even did a school book report on Sabriel.

Thye look good however I never did pick em up. Do I have to read em in order for them to make sense? Then again with HP I read the 3rd book 1st....

I suppose it's better to read from the start, I mean that's what I would do, but hmm, im not sure, i still have to get a start on Abhorsen.

I finally started Abhorsen today, and it reminded how I haven't read Lirael in aaaggeess so I vaguely remembered stuff.

yeah abhorsen and lirael should have been one book ^_^

ahh i love hte dog so much :lol: mogget is just kinda freaky :Ph34r: but hey hes a cat :lol: gotta love him

OOOO I've read Sabriel..was really good...except Touchstone is and IDIOT...i dunno why but I jut hate him for some reason, there's a really foolish type ait thingy about him..
I just recently bought Lireal...it like just came out in hardback here.. (It took SOO LONGGG)
I haven't had a chance to read it yet..

:lol: yeah i hated touchstone in sabriel... well not hated but he annoyed me

like sam bothers me in lireal... but touchstone gets better ^_^

as does sam ^_^

I was reading Sabriel for a couple days, until I had to read something for English, but I hope to get back to it soon (and plus it is my friend's book!). ^_^

I'm not a fantasy reader so I haven't read the Abhorsen trilogy but I have read one of his books.

I read an ARC (advanced reading copy) of The Keys to the Kingdom: Mister Monday which was an awesome book. Garth Nix is writing a series along with that.

SiriCerasi said:
:lol: yeah i hated touchstone in sabriel... well not hated but he annoyed me

like sam bothers me in lireal... but touchstone gets better ^_^

as does sam ^_^
OMG!!!!! You are so right!! I just finished Lirael (it was amazing), and at the beginning Sam was soo BORING!! (well he was until the bit where he got followed by the dead...). Yeah I know what you mean about Touchstone in Lirael, he seemed quite...sweet to say the least. I loved the Disreputable Dog though!! She and Mogget were funny!!
Now I have to get my hands on Abhorsen :devil: (have to blackmail my mum into letting me use Amazon.com :sly: )

really..? hmmm...well he's more confusing rather than scary..I don't really understand *why* he tells the Abhorsen's anything, and also when he's under the spell of Ranna, howcomes he can wake up when he wants to, but the other guy who's trapped as a cat in Ranna (soz dont remember his name) can't..? I never understood that..

Back