Gas prices

I had to fill up my car today, and gas is 2.69 where I live! It outrangeous! I can hardly afford to drive anywhere! Is it so expesnive where you guys live?

well i'm assuming petrol and gas are the same thing, right? wait.. isn't gas the stuff you put in your tyres?

wait :mellow: scratch that

but... well prices for petrol are usually $0.90 - $1.00, but now it's almost reached $1.30! it's nuts

It's like 2.67 here. I dont have to drive for another year and a half or so (hopefully it'll be lower by then -_- ) but it's all over the news so it's hard not to know about it

The other day I was filling up in town and gas was $2.42, after I got done and was heading out of the station they had changed it to $2.60. It's ridiculous.

It's always at least 10 cents more in my college town too (oh joy). I talked to a friend who is already up there and it's at $2.70 right now...makes me wish that I didn't have an SUV.

it's definitely price gouging and something should be done about it. <_< freakin' government.

It's about 2.60 here, but some places were as high as 2.75. And that went down 10 cents in a few hours. I went to work and the same places were 2.70, but the highest one {2.75 now} was 2.85. I go home a few hours later and it's 2.75. It's ridiculous and bulls***e. there's really no reason for it and the news is just egging people on when they say "this is the highest gas has ever been." Once it gets to $3/gallon, I'll be riding my bike the 15 miles to work. There is no way I'll be paying almost $40 to fill up a car that used to take less than 20.

In my neck of the woods, it's $1.05 per litre (up from just $0.95 a week earlier) - and I've been hearing that prices are slated to jump to as much as $1.20. :madfire:

Makes me glad I don't drive.

I have a senseoble car, but it still takes an insane amount of money to go the places that i need to go. It's a lot when you only make minumum wage. Doesnt the government realize that we have lives and have to go places! :cuss: Maybe we're secretly runing out of oil and this is the way that they keep from creating a mass panic! :lol:

Did anyone else hear about the truckers in South Florida who staged a protest on the interstate in dispute of the high gas prices? I feel bad for them, many are going bankrupt, because they have to supply their own gasoline.

Gasoline and petrol are the same thing, but a gallon and a liter are not the same size - a liter is smaller than a gallon - so I am sure in Europe they are paying more money than here in the US.

:jawdrop: $2.94!!!!

It's about anywhere from $2.59-$2.69 around here. too expensive, I haven't been driving to school at all lately, and I haven't been back to work yet, so I'm broke. :( Can't afford to drive.

$2.94? o_0 Geez. The last time I checked gas was at the $2.76-$2.81 range. I don't drive anyways...thank goodness for the subway.

Back