G'day...

blur

Cadet
Well, as you can tell from the subject line, yes, I'm an Aussie.

My name's Rob, I'm 31 and I live in Sydney.

I am absolutely captured by the concept of Hero's Journey and am considering starting my own guild in the lead-up to beta and the game's eventual launch.

I started off on the official HJ forums, but damn, they're hard to navigate! Maybe other people feel that way, too, because there's not as much action on them as you'd expect! I feel much more comfortable on this style of forum, I must say.

Anyway, that's me in brief. Any questions? :smiley:

I completely agree with what ya said about simu's forums. Difficult to navigate but I guess its just one of those things you have to get used to. They'll change them sometime closer to launch.

Warm welcome to ya btw and can't wait to hear about your guild. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome to HH, blur! I see you are off and running already. :smiley:
I think everyone on the planet (except for you, Sylvado, of course ;) ) dislikes the official Simu forums for that reason.

Navarre said:
I think everyone on the planet (except for you, Sylvado, of course ;) ) dislikes the official Simu forums for that reason.
Ahhh, good. I thought I'd missed out on some new Internet phenomenon, or something :smiley:

I've seen you post a lot lately Blur. Glad to see we're getting some more active community members on the forums. That's exactly what we're looking for. Make sure to check back for updates every so often becuase we'll definatly have anything that is posted about Hero's Journey up within a few hours on our website.

frostydf2 said:
I've seen you post a lot lately Blur. Glad to see we're getting some more active community members on the forums. That's exactly what we're looking for. Make sure to check back for updates every so often becuase we'll definatly have anything that is posted about Hero's Journey up within a few hours on our website.
Well, I'm just glad this place exists, you know.

My story is that I was on the official site, and I knew the game had been in development hell for years, but I still found myself believing utterly in what the guys are trying to do... but the official forum... man oh man oh man... and I posted there a little, but this is much, much better. So I'm happy to be here.

Unless HJ gets another serious delay, it will probably be the next MMO I play. I'm finishing up EQ2 at the end of this month and unless PotBS comes out before HJ, I am quite sure that HJ is my next game. Until then, I will haunt this place, plus my guild (which plays EQ2, SWG and EVE), and be playing solo games, like NWN2 :smiley:

blur said:
Well, I'm just glad this place exists, you know.

My story is that I was on the official site, and I knew the game had been in development hell for years, but I still found myself believing utterly in what the guys are trying to do... but the official forum... man oh man oh man... and I posted there a little, but this is much, much better. So I'm happy to be here.

Unless HJ gets another serious delay, it will probably be the next MMO I play. I'm finishing up EQ2 at the end of this month and unless PotBS comes out before HJ, I am quite sure that HJ is my next game. Until then, I will haunt this place, plus my guild (which plays EQ2, SWG and EVE), and be playing solo games, like NWN2 :smiley:

-Zhelas just arrived.-
-An animated muscular supplicant just arrived.-

Greetings. Don't mind the corpse. -Zhelas glances at an animated muscular supplicant- We just got back from a hunt. Went fairly well though it did get hurt.
-The animated body of the muscular supplicant begins to twitch violently, and then stops.-

I do hope the gods will be able to release the new lands shortly. I really am quite thrilled of the prospects of learning more about necromancy.

-An animated muscular supplicant shuffles along, eyes nervously scanning the area.-

Definately if they are going to start early exploration of the new lands I would love the opportunity to volunteer my services. I do know from reading the information posted here that the gods have promised some spots from previous gatherings. -Shrugs- Be it as it may, the idea that the new lands might be discovered next year is exciting.

-A wicked glint appears in the eyes of the muscular supplicant as she turns her icy gaze upon You.
-An animated muscular supplicant moans, "Death to the outsiders..."

I do like the small community that is beginning to gather. Hopefully it will continue to grow.

Well I bid you all a good evening.
Walk with Power.

-Zhelas opens a Finely woven elf satchel and breings out a long piece of translucent chalk and a green book. Glancing at his book he proceeds to draw a summoning circle.
-Zhelas studies a page of his leather book for a long moment before drawing four runes around the edges of a summoning circle and a solitary rune at its center with a long piece of translucent chalk.
-Zhelas begins drawing a faint, twisting symbol as he utters an arcane invocation in hushed tones...
-Zhelas gestures at a summoning circle.
Brilliant sapphire blue light blazes up from a summoning circle's chalky runes to create a complex web of sorcerous energy. Lines of sapphire blue energy snake from the perimiter runes to the sigil at the center of the circle. The energy coalesces there until, suddenly, there is a blinding flash of light and a shifting sapphire blue rift opens.
-When Zhelas steps out of a summoning circle, a web of brilliant sapphire blue energy immediately surrounds him. The energy twists and flexes as Eoghain approaches the sapphire blue rift. When he steps into the rift, it flares with blinding light before collapsing upon him. The skeins of light unravel, the chalk lines of his summoning circle disintegrate, and the dust on the ground blows away. Nothing remains of the circle or the rift.

-An animated muscular supplicant went out.

Back