General Timeline for Beta and Release...

Diem

Cadet
Just saw this posted at MMORPG.com HJ board...Figured everyone here would probably interested if they have yet to read the post.

"Hero's Journey will go into beta testing later in 2006 and be
launched commercially in mid-2007." - From GM Tigkoly

An interesting tidbit...can this be confirmed by anyone?

Gah...I might die from excitement by 2007! haha.

It was posted by a GM (HJ-Tigkoly) so it's more than likely true. I'm going to need to get in to that beta. If I have to wait until mid-2007 to play this game I'll go nuts. :(

sorry for being off topic, but tasoli i just sent you a message (email, i guess, from your profile view) and i would like you to respond.

Yes, this is disappointing.

By waiting until 2007, it is possible other games will be able to compete with it.

I see nothing coming out this year that compares.

I hope they have factored this into their release strategy.

This is nutz... they have been putting out carrot-on-a-stick teasers since 04, and now theyre saying 07??? They ned to start cracking a whip on the programmers and get the damned thing out!

(Of course, this is the guy who knows absolutely nothing about professional programming... )

Ugh.. now that's depressing news.. *sigh*

I was so hoping it'd be sometime in 2006 so that I'd actually get to play it rather extensively.. If it comes out in 2007 I'll not get much time to play it, if at all.

Wow.. suddenly I feel really let down..
Ah wells, guess I can beg to help out in Beta to at least get a feel for the game. Not sure of the chances of that working though hehe..

Big, big bummer...

Damnit, now I have to play WoW again when the expansion comes out. Had hoped HJ would be done by then and I could lure all those WoW-obsessed guildies away from there.

This doesn't surprise me at all. If HJ was going to release this year, we probably would have been seeing beta opening up already.

MMO's take really long to develop, and the last thing you want is one that is rushed.
look on the bright side...gives you more time to buy a system that can run HJ ultra-smooth and shiny. :smiley:

Yea...I need a game to fill the time until HJ comes out.

I won't go back to WoW though, there's just not enough there. I want more RP!!

I wish they stuck to that release date. We'd be playing HJ by now! However, rushed games are never fun :( So I applaud Simutronics for taking their time, but still HURRY THE HELL UP!

Oh I agree with you Frosty, I'd rather have a better game then one that's rushed, but I hate not having something to play... Single player games really bore me now. It can't beat socizlizing and such in an MMO...oh well...

Well... in mean time there is hmm Zelda Twilight Princess heheh NeverWinter Nights2 comes out in September (so they say). EQ starts a progressive server in a month. Titan Quest. Dungeon Runners. um... Can't think of any more off top of head.

Well... in mean time there is hmm Zelda Twilight Princess heheh NeverWinter Nights2 comes out in September (so they say). EQ starts a progressive server in a month. Titan Quest. Dungeon Runners. um... Can't think of any more off top of head.

Yeah I am really looking forward to Neverwinter Nights 2 and all the community mods and custom stuff that will eventually come out. The first game was great, and kept my interest alot longer than most games with all the community made content.

I'm also planning on trying out Lord of the Rings Online and Vanguard. I don't really follow single player PC games so I don't really know what else is coming out this year.

Their are a lot of games that can keep you occupied for awhile. Oblivion is an easy game to get ahold of (not supporting piracy). A FPS usually holds my attention. Honeslty, I wouldn't mind starting to play CS:S again, but no time with Hero's Hall.

Another thing you could do is join the Hero's Hall staff if your qualified. That will take up some of your time :smiley:

I too am bored as hell at the moment. All I have been doing is playing a bit of CS:S.
I was hoping beta would start a little sooner than the end of this year.

I am concerned about the game being overshadowed by more popular franchises like warhammer online and lord of the rings online both due out early in 2007

By the sounds of it we will be seeing heros journey at E3 2007