Genres you like to read

Now that we are getting more non-Alias users here, I think it would be awesome to beef up the stories in the Non-Alias Fiction forum. What do you all like to read about or are interested in writing about?

Well, I really like non-fiction on aviation and war. As far as fiction goes, well, it depends. I don't like many genres, but my opinion on the genre could change easily if I read a really good book on it.

I would have actually become a published author by now, had my editor not retired. I don't even have the energy to hunt down one that's like her. She was golden, and I wish her all the best. She's only about 13 years older than me, I think.

I've been thinking of starting a new book. I'm not sure what it will be, to be honest. I just need some idea that hasn't been done to death with. A co-worker said I should write a coming of age book for young adults. The problem with that is that the market is just saturated with such books. Recently, a friend of a friend of a friend won an award for his coming of age book, he used to be a writer for ESPN.com, which is something I've been pursuing for a year now. They've had me write as a guest, but not a full time editor. :( Would I give up my day job for writing? No, I wouldn't. I make more money than I would writing, but it's always a good hobby to get into. :smiley:

I enjoy horror mainly having to do with monster-type horror genres and of course vampires. I also really enjoy spy-thriller type novels. Tom Clancy any day :smiley:

Classic Fantasy and Urban Fantasy are my two genres of choice, but in all honesty if it's in front of me and I've got nothing else to do I will read it. I've always got three or four books on the go and can often be found working online and reading at the same time :D

If you like badly written cheesy trite rubbish, which was initially released as Twilight fan fiction, then yeah go for it.
Harsh. Oh damn ^_^

I'm an all-eater to be honest. I enjoy all genres since it gives enables me to never growing tired of one in particular. I can just hop around between them all which I usually do. Right now for instance I'm reading one fantasy series as well as a thriller + a biography :eek:

I like a bit of everything. But am very partial to books about exploration (the Amazon, the Arctic, the seas, Space), medical things (neuroscience and weird scary things), science fiction, and the one that gets the weirdests looks: Regency Romances. But I have to be in a good mood to read those.

Absolutely no Twilight, Barbara Cartland, etc. I think there are standing orders in my family that if I express an interest in anything like that besides wanting to run away screaming, I am to be committed in a very comfy insane asylum.

Back