george and meredith

now that george and meredith have slept together, what will happen?

• they'll be a couple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • george will move out

• derek will get jealous and want meredith back

• awkwardness shall prevail!

• other (please specify)

• Total voters
Marshal does not love Sydney the way that George loves Merideth. IMO ... no comparision. I can't even imagine Syd and Marshall together, but I can see Merideth and George together....but then again, I think George is adorable.

Hey AgentDesertRose, where did you get the pic for your avatar? (I like it...can you please tell me?)

I got this from ABC.com
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Q: Why did you do that with Meredith and George? Why? WHY????!!!
A: First of all, I told you that characters have to do what the characters have to do. In that one moment, Meredith was weak and George was brave and…it happened. But more importantly, Meredith is the one of only a few women on television who is truly flawed. FLAWED in capital letters. Remember, this is a woman who, in the very first episode of Grey's Anatomy, picked up a guy at a bar, brought him home, slept with him and then tried to throw him out in the morning without even learning his name (his name happened to be Derek Shepherd). Her flawed nature is the thing I love most about the character. It's why I wrote the show. Meredith is all of us on our worst and best days. And, at one time or another, we've all slept with a guy friend when we knew we shouldn't (and Dad, if you are reading this, I mean "we" in an "every single woman on the planet but me" kind of way). You know what I'm talking about, you know you do.

And here's the thing I really would like you to remember on dark nights when you lie in bed hating my guts: In movies and most TV shows, when two friends sleep together, it's a magical start to a wonderful relationship. In life, it's quite often a hideous beginning to a very long awkward nightmare. I wanted to take a leap and keep our characters honest. Come on and leap with me, people.

I've known this was going to happen from the very first day the show started. It's where Meredith and George have been headed from the beginning. They had to have this awful moment so that they could come out the other side. Now, George can see beyond the fantasy to the reality and Meredith can see George as a man more than as a brother.

I know!! I am so sad about it all. I was sobbing when Meredith started to cry. I knew that things weren't going to end up well. Poor George. And even poor Meredith. But not really.

i think that it will never be the same again. i mean she really did hurt. I hope he will be able to get over it though and go out with the girl that was intersted in him. he deserves better

I found this very interesting. On ABC.com, FAQs about GA, the creator Shonda Rimes was asked why she had George and Merideth sleep together. This was part of her answer...

"I've known this was going to happen from the very first day the show started. It's where Meredith and George have been headed from the beginning. They had to have this awful moment so that they could come out the other side. Now, George can see beyond the fantasy to the reality and Meredith can see George as a man more than as a brother."

Back