George Takei : All aboard with Mr Sulu

Tom

An Old Friend
I surfed into this interview from SFSignal. It's an online Sun WebChat article. Its worth a look. I wonder if you are surprised about what he has to say about ST Enterprise.

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Good interview, thanks for the link. I was one of the fans in support of a Sulu/Excelsior series as I thought it would've been a great show. What isn't mentioned in that interview was that in the movies Sulu was supposed to have been a captain much earlier in the movies but Shatner (Kirk) vetoed that idea which has caused some bitterness between them since.

Tom

An Old Friend
KW802 said:
Good interview, thanks for the link. I was one of the fans in support of a Sulu/Excelsior series as I thought it would've been a great show. What isn't mentioned in that interview was that in the movies Sulu was supposed to have been a captain much earlier in the movies but Shatner (Kirk) vetoed that idea which has caused some bitterness between them since.
I was under the impression there was a lot of bitterness due to Shatner's Big Fat Head(3rdRock) I think that's where the bitterness that is depicted in Galaxy Quest originated.