George W. Bush

Doesn't matter much, if he doesn't write his own speeches, and has Powell doing all the work, who cares if he got bad grades in high school or college or whatever. Ok I now i sound like a Bush hater. I'm sorry. I haven't quite gotten past the way he says nuclear.

crazy spinster said:
at the risk of getting yelled at again, i'd just like to point out that bush was a C student. while that's certainly not incredibly stupid, compared to a man like clinton (a rhodes scholar, people), bush sure is one dim bulb.

at least he did one smart thing - surrounding himself with smart people (even though i disagree with a lot of what his administration has done so far, i can't dispute the fact that they are all extremely intelligent people). but unfortunately for him, intelligence doesn't work by osmosis. ;)

*braces self for yelling and screaming by bush lovers*
well i agree and i am a bush hater (no one points out that gore was even worse a student than bush

crazy spinster said:
at the risk of getting yelled at again, i'd just like to point out that bush was a C student. while that's certainly not incredibly stupid, compared to a man like clinton (a rhodes scholar, people), bush sure is one dim bulb.

at least he did one smart thing - surrounding himself with smart people (even though i disagree with a lot of what his administration has done so far, i can't dispute the fact that they are all extremely intelligent people). but unfortunately for him, intelligence doesn't work by osmosis. ;)

*braces self for yelling and screaming by bush lovers*
Well, you would think a Rhodes Scholar would know better than to lie, cheat, and steal. Clinton lied to this whole country and made this whole country look stupid. So much for a Rhodes Scholar.

Do me a favor and post your high school report card. And have you ever stood in front of oh say 6.8 million people and delivered a speach? I am willing to bet you would studder.

As for the beloved Al Gore, he just does what Tipper tells him to. Just think, if Gore were elected, we would have cesorship all around us. Cool! Bascally, let me tell you how to think. I do not need anyone telling me that.

Like it or not, Bush is our President. You do not have to like him, but give the office of the Presidentcy some respect. Bush has earned that much.

thampton20 said:
Well, you would think a Rhodes Scholar would know better than to lie, cheat, and steal.  Clinton lied to this whole country and made this whole country look stupid.  So much for a Rhodes Scholar. 

Do me a favor and post your high school report card.  And have you ever stood in front of oh say 6.8 million people and delivered a speach?  I am willing to bet you would studder. 

As for the beloved Al Gore, he just does what Tipper tells him to.  Just think, if Gore were elected, we would have cesorship all around us.  Cool!  Bascally, let me tell you how to think.  I do not need anyone telling me that. 

Like it or not, Bush is our President.  You do not have to like him, but give the office of the Presidentcy some respect.  Bush has earned that much.
goodness. why are you making this so personal? but since you asked oh so politely :rolleyes: , my high school gpa was 3.86. my report card consisted of mainly A's and B's. and yes, personally, i believe i WOULD be able to give a speech in front of millions of people especially considering the fact that all i have to do is basically read out loud. AND i know how to say nuclear (which, you know, is a fairly important word when one talks about war). ;)

and i'm not talking about morals, here. i'm talking about intelligence and book smarts. and clinton is clearly superior in that area. as an example of the difference between morals and intelligence, i completely disagree with the bush administration's stance on abortion. i believe that it is immoral to deny women the right to choose. yet i still believe that most of the members of bush's administration are extremely intelligent people. intelligence (iq and grade-wise) and morals are mutually exclusive. did i mention clinton's morals? no. i was comparing clinton's intelligence to bush's and, like i said, clinton is a much smarter man than bush. we could certainly debate clinton's morals, but when it comes to intelligence, you can't argue the fact that clinton is clearly smarter than bush.

with that said, i agree that intelligence isn't the ONLY aspect we have to consider in what makes a good president, but i still believe clinton was a far greater president, not only for his intelligence and DESPITE his moral shortcomings. but this is a bush thread, so i will stop and go away now.

OK, yes I think Clinton had good points and mainly bad points during his time....... The guy can pass the high school grades but seriously if the guy can't have morals he doesn't need to be America's leader...but hey thats old news he isn't running the show anymore.

~KM

LOL not end of story. Believe me, if all there was to the story was that Bush was bad (WHICH HE IS NOT) then we wouldn't have EIGHT pages of debate on here. Sorry, child. And I call everyone child, don't take it personally.

twinzz2003 said:
I'm sorry, but I can't even stand to look at the man!!! There is always another option besides war!!! George Bush just can't find the answer in his pea sized brain!!! I don't want war!! Alot of people I know and love would have to leave!!!
There isn't always another option besides war. Oh, i mean, there is, but what is it? total annihilation of a people? war never solved anything...except naziism, fascism, holocaust...the list goes on

how did it solve those? are u saying ur in favor of those events or am i just misunderstanding u (or as bush would say misunderestimate)

oh of course i'm not in favor of those events! i'm in favor of war....in that comment above i'm being sarcastic. people say war doesn't solve anything. i'm just pointing out that it solves some of the biggest problems the world society has faced. in the us, we're free b/c of war. there's no slavery b/c of war. hitler's gone b/c of war. mass genoside is gone b/c of war...

Bush hasn't done much though. Of course, he's been preoccupied with terrorism. But nonetheless, he hasn't done much for the economy, he hasn't cut taxes, nothing for health care. Only war.

of course he's been preoccupied with terrorism...and as a citizen of this country i'm pretty glad that he has created a new cabinet position to protect me and that he has stood up for the innocent victims of 9/11...thank goodness we have a president who can show a little backbone and not just crumble like some draftdodgers!

oh and war will improve the economy...just thought i'd throw that in...and as a college student he's made it cheaper for me to go to school! i'm a fan of the man.

Yesterday the Dow was up something like 17 points. Pre war economy looking good. War has always boosted the economy. What got us out of the Great Depression? WWII.

crazy spinster said:
thampton20 said:
Well, you would think a Rhodes Scholar would know better than to lie, cheat, and steal.  Clinton lied to this whole country and made this whole country look stupid.  So much for a Rhodes Scholar. 

Do me a favor and post your high school report card.  And have you ever stood in front of oh say 6.8 million people and delivered a speach?  I am willing to bet you would studder. 

As for the beloved Al Gore, he just does what Tipper tells him to.  Just think, if Gore were elected, we would have cesorship all around us.  Cool!  Bascally, let me tell you how to think.  I do not need anyone telling me that. 

Like it or not, Bush is our President.  You do not have to like him, but give the office of the Presidentcy some respect.  Bush has earned that much.
goodness. why are you making this so personal? but since you asked oh so politely :rolleyes: , my high school gpa was 3.86. my report card consisted of mainly A's and B's. and yes, personally, i believe i WOULD be able to give a speech in front of millions of people especially considering the fact that all i have to do is basically read out loud. AND i know how to say nuclear (which, you know, is a fairly important word when one talks about war). ;)

and i'm not talking about morals, here. i'm talking about intelligence and book smarts. and clinton is clearly superior in that area. as an example of the difference between morals and intelligence, i completely disagree with the bush administration's stance on abortion. i believe that it is immoral to deny women the right to choose. yet i still believe that most of the members of bush's administration are extremely intelligent people. intelligence (iq and grade-wise) and morals are mutually exclusive. did i mention clinton's morals? no. i was comparing clinton's intelligence to bush's and, like i said, clinton is a much smarter man than bush. we could certainly debate clinton's morals, but when it comes to intelligence, you can't argue the fact that clinton is clearly smarter than bush.

with that said, i agree that intelligence isn't the ONLY aspect we have to consider in what makes a good president, but i still believe clinton was a far greater president, not only for his intelligence and DESPITE his moral shortcomings. but this is a bush thread, so i will stop and go away now.
Smarts aren't everything you know. A knowledge of politics, foreign policy and the economy is required. Think back when you were in High School. How much of what you learned would really matter if you were the Prez? Not to much unless its history.

AliasALIAS said:
Bush hasn't done much though. Of course, he's been preoccupied with terrorism. But nonetheless, he hasn't done much for the economy, he hasn't cut taxes, nothing for health care. Only war.
Uhhh...cough, he did cut taxes. He took less of the peoples money.
And you too would be a little preoccupied w/ war if you were him.

Lilly said:
BUSH BAD END OF STORY! (blair too! for draggin us Brits into war not to do anything with us!)
Wow, that was about the worst thing I have heard today. How can you say such a thing. What you said invalidates itself the way it was presented.

thampton20 said:
Yesterday the Dow was up something like 17 points. Pre war economy looking good. War has always boosted the economy. What got us out of the Great Depression? WWII.
LOL Yup, I told you guys before, war is good for the economy, it got us out of the depression, it'll get us out of this recession

Back