German clique

Flames24 said:
I'm not German, but I took German as a language for two years. "Hallo and guten tag, Aria and Jo. Sprichen die Deutsch, Jo?" Hehe, might not be much, but it shows I still remember it. ^_^
May I correct it a little bit? Hope you're not angry with me :blush:
"Hallo und guten Tag Aria and Jo!
Sprechen Sie Deutsch Jo?"<-- You say it this way when you talk to your boss,grown-ups or people you don't know well!
And this way you ask your brother,sister, friend etc.(people you know well!)
"Sprichst du Deutsch Jo?"

hey but you speak English more or less perfectly and English is the "world-language"
And I also hope he won't be mad:smiley:

Yes- it's good if you want to learn them and don't have to-sometimes there a really funny moments if you can speak another language- For example if the peolple next to you have no clue that you understand them and then they they ask somthing you in the other language and you just answer in their language...you just have to see there faces then ( especially when they talked about you just a minute ago...that was so funny- I'll never forget that :lol: )

Ja, es war sehr lustig!= Yes, it was really funny!
ja = yes
es=it
war= was
sehr = the direct translation would be "very" but I don't think that it fits in this context...i thing really is the better style. or am i wrong
lustig = funny

No - but it's a good try!!! It's a colour--> white and you pronounce it like "vice"...
but normally in german you would spell it a little bit different (the colour : weiß [ß are two s- it's only to make it shorter] but it's a name and then you're allowed to change the letters :smiley: )

(y) (y) :D :D (y) it's only a little bit of translating for me...
for example the sentences of you green signiature would look like this in German:
Sage nicht, dass du nicht genug Zeit hast. Du hast genau die gleiche Anzahl an Stunden pro Tag wie Helen Keller, Louis Pasteur, Michelangleo, Mutter Theresa, Leonardo DaVinci, Thomas Jefferson und Albert Einstein.

Oh I just see I didn't translate "were given" ...it doesn't really change much but here's the second sentence again:
Du hast genau die gleiche Anzahl an Stunden pro Tag, die auch Helen Keller, Louis Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mutter Theresa, Leonardo DaVinci, Thomas Jefferson und Albert Einstein hatten.

I'm not really sure about the spelling of "Theresa/Teresa" I would say the first one is the right but that's something you might look up if you want to change it...

Back