Politics German elections for Bundeskanzler much earlier!

Tanja87

Cadet
I think most of you already know it, but for those who haven't heard yet:

The elections should be in 2006, but the current Bundeskanzler Gerhard Schröder ( SPD) wants the elections already in automn 2005, because he has lost the majority for a long time. Last week his party lost the majority in the Nordrhein-Westfalen ( the federal state with most inhabitants). The CDU ( old Bundeskanzler of this party was Helmut Kohl) has the majority in most federal states now, although the SPD is still in power.

The most important candidates for the elections this year are:

Gerhard Schröder ( SPD = Social party of germany)
Angela Merkel ( CDU = Christian german union) ( btw,if she wins she would be the first female head of the state)

What do you think about that ?

Well, I don't know that much about Angela Merkel ,too, but what I know about her isn't positive.....if her party would have been in power during the war in iraq we would have also fought there. The fact that the SPD was against it although we lost our good connection with the USA was a big plus point for them in my eyes. Angela Merkel even went to Bush and said that her party was for the war....that was really underhand.

The real problem german voters have, is that most want the CDU.....but not the candidate!

Back