German

Status
Not open for further replies.
A.I.C. said:
Maybe this is a stupid idea butwhy don't you visit a german alias forum? Not everything is in German but what's in german I think you can understan because it's not "new" for you....
I was only thinking about it because I'm reading more or less everyday many things in englisch here on AA...

A.I.C. said:
Maybe this is a stupid idea butwhy don't you visit a german alias forum? Not everything is in German but what's in german I think you can understan because it's not "new" for you....
Hmmm...interesting idea. I'll definitely try and look for one, but what am I supposed to type in? German forums? :lol:

btvaughn said:
A.I.C. said:
Hmmm...interesting idea. I'll definitely try and look for one, but what am I supposed to type in? German forums? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't think that you'll have that problem....;)

Guten Tag! And I hope you're around for a bit of homework help. But first...wouldn't you believe we started reading an actual book in class. It's somewhat simple (though only 2 people are in German 4 to read it...:lol:smiley:

But some of the words, I can't figure out:
der Schiffshafen (ship....)
studenlang

Schiffshafen =~habour I think they wrote schiffshafen to make it clear because you also say Flughafen (=airport)

stundenlang~something which takes many hours...
For example: Ich sitze studenlang am Strand ~ I'm sitting for many hours at the beach...

But I'm afraid the translations are too late now....

Danke, AIC! I finally figured out the words at school, so don't worry...

Das Wochenende ist hier! Heute fuehle ich mich sehr wohl!

I can't think of the title, though I know the entire book is a bunch of short stories.

The first is about someone named Fortunatus, who always seems to have good luck for short periods of time...and it's actually a pretty easy read. :smiley:

short story = Kurzgeschichte
( I thought that might be interesting) I must say that i don't know this book. But if it's easy to read it's a nice one...nothing is more horrible than stopping every sentence and looking up a word....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back