'GET SMART' Actor Dies

I used to love Get Smart when it was shown on tv, i think it is one of those great 60's shows.

Found this on the net, condolences to his family and friends.

'Get Smart' actor Don Adams dies
Actor and comedian Don Adams has died of a lung infection.

Adams was best known for his role as the clumsy secret agent Maxwell Smart in the 1960s television comedy Get Smart.

According to his agent Bruce Tufeld, Adams died at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles on Sunday night.

He was 82-years-old.

A native New Yorker, Adams began his career as a stand-up comic and impressionist.

He gained notice in 1954 as a winner on the Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts show, which led to his appearance on various variety series.

His big break came in 1965 with Get Smart, a spoof of the James Bond spy genre in which he starred as the buttoned down but inept Maxwell Smart, otherwise known as Agent 86 in the government intelligence organisation called C.O.N.T.R.O.L.

The Maxwell Smart persona grew out of a clueless hotel detective character he had developed in variety show sketches.

Smart was known for the catchphrase "Would you believe...?"

It ran in the US on NBC until 1969, then moved to CBS for another year before it was revived 25 years later on Fox.

- Reuters

Sorry to hear about Don Adams' passing - I enjoyed watching Get Smart reruns back in the '80s, and he was hilarious as Maxwell Smart in that show. 🇳🇴

Back