Getting a new kitchen!

Azhria Lilu

Captain
Finally got the date for our new kitchen installation. While I'm excited to finally replace the piece of felgercarb that's currently my kitchen, I'm also dreading it. We've been told it'll take 15 working days (so three weeks) for it to be completed, with one specific thing being done each day.

Over the next couple of days I have to completely empty the kitchen - taking out the cooker, washer etc. I'm dreading that part, since how am I supposed to cope for 3 weeks without the washer. The kids are already going to hate me because we'll be living on mainly slow-cooker based meals. It's mainly not having the washer that's bothering me though - with the size of our family, it's difficult enough as it is to keep on top of the clothes washing. By the time the kitchen is complete, it'll be a washing mountain the size of Everest!

They've plastered the walls, started work on the electrics so far. The units were fitted today. Tiling tomorrow. Here's the job so far :D

View attachment 24798

Attachments

• 20140312_183829.jpg
    20140312_183829.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
It's tiny. Was tiled on Friday and painted today... ignore the colour of the paint, I'm repainting it purple once the flooring is down.

kitchen.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe we've had that discussion before :P You should get a private chef that does all your cooking. Three course meals every night.

I hate cooking too.. when it's for myself only. No creativity at all. I can literally eat chicken and pasta for a whole week because I can't be bothered.

It just bores me. If I could get away with not bothering, I truly would. I rarely get any satisfaction out of eating.
Have you tried just eating some more exotic food? Like, switching up what it is that you're actually eating.

Off-topic: Considering getting a XenForo license again.. Should I invest in a brand new one or should I go on the secondhand market and get one cheaper. Thoughts?

Get a new one.. then if you decide you don't need it you can sell it on. If you buy second hand you're stuck with it.

And i'm not a fan of exotic food. I eat mexican, indian.. don't like chinese - hate the texture of it. I get most passionate about Italian food :D

Get a new one.. then if you decide you don't need it you can sell it on. If you buy second hand you're stuck with it.

And i'm not a fan of exotic food. I eat mexican, indian.. don't like chinese - hate the texture of it. I get most passionate about Italian food :D
Italian food is good. Mediterranean food overall is so good. But I do love me some spicy food.

Also thanks. I never considered that. Will have to think it all through though. Need to have a purpose for the license as well ^_^

Because it's the Housing Association that decides - and I had a choice of White or Magnolia. My Kitchen is in the direct line of the sun, so white would have blinded me every time I went out there lol

I'll take this kitchen please

b092ab7f9e125e07b89c2ff6e75b3ee9.jpg

or perhaps a steampunk one...

d5b6c7cec0cd116e89e7071b435782ed.jpg

Love the dog feeder...

Or even this one

21fa3673ab7144f0a73e6eb312ca3865.jpg

Back