Getting Alias S4 back for September

Just out of curiosity, does anyone think that if all of the diehard Alias fans write into ABC and demand that Alias be back in September and not January that ABC will give in? I mean afterall, ABC is doing poorly compared to the other big networks and it can't afford to alienate the public.

Frankly, I really think they're trying to do the best thing. One of the biggest complaints that fans have had was the big gaps between episodes and rather than give up quality by denying the location shoots, they decided to cut the gaps by putting off the start of the season. The only other way to do it was to cut out the location work. Fans just want to have their cake and eat it too. It's understandable, but it's not realistic.

Personally, I want Alias as much as the next person, but I also want it to be as good as ever--or better than ever! And I'm more than willing to wait, especially if ABC will put the push behind the series that it deserves. And with the whole industry moving toward year-round schedules, they're going to have to work very hard at doing that.

Personally I'm not going to react to everything as though it's a plot by ABC to sabotage one of the few good things they have going--or a personal affront. They've made a lot of stupid moves, but I can actually some reasons behind this move.

I'm not going to demand that they move it back to September because I'm not sure that's the best thing. I think there's a lot to be said for a straight-through run. I'm going to write them and ask that they make sure it's a 22-episode run & that they let the production team do their thing with a minimum of interference.
;)

yah i think i agree with V...i think although its annying that we have to wait, theyll show them all in a row, and theyre trying to do the best for the show.

I really don't like the alias move. I personally don't think abc is standing behind alias because they throwiing it aside for a new show. Midseason isn't exactly a coveted spot. Also, casual alias viewers will likely watch a show in alias's time slot and won't switch back to alias in the middle of the season of the other show(hope you got that) I think many viewers will lose interest. This oculd be a death sentence for alias.

I am glad it was moved back to January premiere ... 8 months is long ... I know ... but as I have said before ... look at the bright side ... ABC could have decided to cancel the show, and they didn't ... I am sure they want the show to work ... and having 20 new episodes to run "virtually" consecutively ... (pre-empted like 2 shows for some the Oscars and another award show) ... would work for the show ... I am sure ...

If it does work, we could be guaranteed a 5th season ... and if it doesn't ABC will try and make it work anyway ... if not, they just cancel it ...

Back