Getty joins Rifkin in new pilot

Cast News

Official News Poster
From zap2it:

Pilots: Getty, Palminteri to ABC, CBS Finds Its 'Ultra'
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
01:02 PM PT

Balthazar Getty is set to reunite with one of his "Alias" co-stars in a pilot at ABC, while Chazz Palminteri has signed on to what could be his first network series.

The newest round of pilot casting also finds Lena Headey taking the title role in CBS' "Ultra," Viola Davis joining ABC's drama "Traveler" and several actors joining a potential "Girlfriends" spinoff for new network The CW.

Getty, who joined "Alias" this year for what turned out to be its final season, has been cast in the lead of ABC's "Brothers & Sisters," the Hollywood trade papers report. The show, which revolves around a group of adult siblings, will re-team Getty with fellow "Alias" Ron Rifkin, who's playing the siblings' uncle. Dave Annable ("Reunion") was added to the cast earlier this week.

[see the article for more about the other deals]

It really, really stinks that Alias has been cancelled, but I'm glad to know Mr. Rifkin will still be employed. Of all the cast of Alias, he is the most deserving of continued employment. If ABC picks up this new show, I'll have to check it out, just on account of Mr. Rifkin. Of course, if the show is worthy of his talents, it will be too good for ABC's taste, and it won't be around as long as it should - kind of like Alias. We wouldn't want a high quality show to LAST, now would we? Nooooooooo, then the fans might expect more quality, and we certainly can't have that, now can we?

Seeing news like this kind of depresses me...but to be honest it kind of makes me more interested in this new show...so perhaps i will give it a shot in the fall if it makes the cut. ::sigh:: lol

Back