Season 4 Giant Orange Ball

When I saw that Giant Orange Ball, all I could think about was Vaughn being trapped behind that door.

Is this the same device from Season 2? It looked like it.

Or am I just going mad?

ok first: its the big red ball but its real name is the Circumference - its a rambaldi energy source

It first appeared in the very first alias episode -1.1 Truth Be Told
Sloane wanted Sydney to steal it and she did in order to regain his trust after 'quiting' after dannys' death
then it reappeared in 1.22 - almost 30 yrs when syd went to Taipai to destory it but it was "bigger then she thought" *giggles - the audio commentary*... anyway it was big like that she destoryed it water went everywhere vaughn got trapped and then subsequently got sick in salvation & counteragent but then he was all good cuz syd cured him

:D

SkyGirl5 said:
ok first: its the big red ball but its real name is the Circumference - its a rambaldi energy source

It first appeared in the very first alias episode -1.1 Truth Be Told
Sloane wanted Sydney to steal it and she did in order to regain his trust after 'quiting' after dannys' death
then it reappeared in 1.22 - almost 30 yrs when syd went to Taipai to destory it but it was "bigger then she thought" *giggles - the audio commentary*... anyway it was big like that she destoryed it water went everywhere vaughn got trapped and then subsequently got sick in salvation & counteragent but then he was all good cuz syd cured him

:D
[post="1309897"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

thank God for
alias super mega geeks
yeah.... (y)

freelancer7 said:
So did Arvin Clone wanting the coil have to do with the circumference or are they 2 totally different devices? :confused:
[post="1310096"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
It looks like they are parts of a larger machine. The "circumference" was described by Haladki as a "battery," so it could substitute for the atomic reactor as the energy source which powers the coil in the Rambaldi super-machine. Apparently, however, other parts are needed, which is how Sloane could track them by determining that they needed certain specialized materials. ;)

haha my expression after seeing that "ball" aka the circumference thing again was priceless...lol besides the usual nostalgia from season one, i was just like ooo felgercarb won't it be funny if they blew that thing up again

sapna said:
haha my expression after seeing that "ball" aka the circumference thing again was priceless...lol besides the usual nostalgia from season one, i was just like ooo felgercarb won't it be funny if they blew that thing up again
[post="1310771"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Only this time Vaughn needs a serious headstart. That was probably his dumbest moment ever, just standing there and staring at the Water Wall of Doom.

Considering that the last ep of the season is called Before the Flood, I'm guessing they'll blow this baby up by the end of the year. *crosses fingers*

ms.katejones said:
Considering that the last ep of the season is called Before the Flood, I'm guessing they'll blow this baby up by the end of the year. *crosses fingers*
[post="1310800"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I want it to be blown up to !
And if not........at least we should find out what it really does....

SkyGirl5 said:
then it reappeared in 1.22 - almost 30 yrs when syd went to Taipai to destory it but it was "bigger then she thought" *giggles - the audio commentary*...
[post="1309897"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

actually, it was one of those priceless scenes on "Alias"

Syd: Vaughn, its bigger than I thought :rotflmao:

I still imagine that scene over and over again ... isn't it sexy ... :lol:

anyway ... the "circumference" is now in place, and Sloane (the real one) is a Rambaldi expert, who knows how to work with it ... I am guessing he will finally try and get to Rambaldi's EndGame ... ;)

Yes. By the look of how this episode ended, you know Sloane has once again played into the hands of Rambaldi.

This is going to be one fantastic run of episodes til the big, big finale!!! :woot:

I was hoping they would destroy it, I wanna see how Sloane looks when he's trying to run away from the flood!!

ms.katejones said:
Only this time Vaughn needs a serious headstart. That was probably his dumbest moment ever, just standing there and staring at the Water Wall of Doom.

:lol: too true!!!

this is something I wondered about actually - cos we know the circumference is a power source, a kind of battery as verdy said haladki mentioned - but in season 2 we learned that it was filled with the virus (bleeding from fingernails thingie) which Vaughn got due to being submerged.............so did irina just add that in for kicks or does this mean the virus thingie might appear again.

anyways to me the circumference was powering the coil thingie...........well thats what i would guess (y)

Wow. I just put "Before the Flood" and the giant ball being blown up together.

If and when it does go, Vaughn better be very, very, far from the vacinity.

I really don't want a repeat of Season 2.

^ i def. thought about that and although the writers are desparate, they're not moronic
at least... i hope not

I would hope that "flood" refers to more than a room or two . . . :lol:

Yeah I am getting an End of Days type vibe from Before the Flood. Maybe the virus from the Red Ball will get out and infect the planet.

Back