GFX GIMP A phoney?

Which I bet 89% of the people that have PS have..

I doubt anyone nowadays buy the version.. it costs like $600 bucks.. and you'll probably never see a kid come into a store, and come uot with the latest version of photoshop in his hands.. it's usually adults for businesses who use it.. besides, there's probably adults out there that get the pirated one anyways.

I've used both gimp and photoshop (well, ps7)
and I really prefer gimp, and besides photoshop costs way too much
Gimp is way better for more custom pixel by pixel effects that you can go up close with
and do, so that's why I like it better. photoshop is better with brushing and smudging though

photoshop is better at sigs and stuff, IMO, most things a lot easier to do, especially smudging

but with photoshop, you can also do some great photo editing and other stuff that can't be done on gimp

well, GIMP is sorta like MS paint but for linux. so i can't really say anything about it being a ripoff. but i've used both, and i agree that photoshop is much better and easier to use.

I have never used PS and I never really want to,I have everything I want in GIMP don't feel like moving all of my brushes and there things. PS to me seems good for smudging and not really brushes because we could just steel theres. And yes I think things don't in Photoshop maybe easier than GIMP but tahat just proves we work harder to make on our sigs,OLD THREAD i KNOW.

from my experience i can tell you a little bit XD. gimp and photoshop are extremely similar, but as zero refers to it i guess you could say gimp is a felgercarb version of ps, ps is easier to use and all, but it costs money, i have used both but now i just use gimp. well i dont exactly know what pirated means, so i guess ps can be free too but i bet their is some sort of catch.

Back