GIMP-GNU Image Manipulation Program

Has anyone here used Gimp. I have read about people using it at a few tutorial sites, but never enough of anything to encourage me to download it and try it.

I d/l it but never got anywhere with it. I have this thing about reading instructions....I don't

angelicGrace said:
Has anyone here used Gimp. I have read about people using it at a few tutorial sites, but never enough of anything to encourage me to download it and try it.
I've played around with but never fully because I have access the PS suites. Originally GIMP was mean as an open-source free Linux alternative to PS on Windows but it's popularity led to a Windows port of it. For most people it'll definitely do the job for them and at no cost.

skwirlinator said:
I d/l it but never got anywhere with it. I have this thing about reading instructions....I don't

lol Dude if I had bothered to read the instructions on any of the photo editing software I own. I honestly have found that playing around with it to see what I can make is just more fun. :smiley: Granted longer and the harder of ways to do things. but seriously have you ever tried to read the manuel for some of these programs. They aren't written in english. Geek maybe, but not english. Granted I speak some geek, but not enough for these manuels lol :P

angelicGrace said:
lol Dude if I had bothered to read the instructions on any of the photo editing software I own. I honestly have found that playing around with it to see what I can make is just more fun. :smiley: Granted longer and the harder of ways to do things. but seriously have you ever tried to read the manuel for some of these programs. They aren't written in english. Geek maybe, but not english. Granted I speak some geek, but not enough for these manuels lol :P
My problem is the opposite..... I can read geek but have no artistic skills. :(

I can't even get it to run, Something about compiling....I still got it but I don't get in a hurry to play with it. Someday I will degeekify the instructions when I care to. I have about 40 other art programs I cant run as well. LoL, Gotta use my gigs somehow!

see and here i thought I was the art geek with my PSP and PI and PhotoStudio and countless 10 dollar softwars from the great land of Wal-Mart. and My copyes of PS and Image Ready that I can use can I still operate on Win ME.

If you ever need any help with PSP, PI, PhotoStudio, or Ulitmate Paint. I can probably give you a few tips or at least point you in the direction of tutorials for the first 2 on the list.

Back