Girl Next Door

sv4ever07 said:
So sorry the next chapter wasn't up tonight, definitely tomorrow night!

ukaliaschick - actually the Days obsession is real, me and two of my friends at SD-1 are obsessed with Days (not as much as Alias) but yeah the characters were kinda created to mirror us in that way!
notice the date... last august. ^_^

I literally just found this chapter on my computer, so I'll post it now and PM everyone later. Thanks for sticking with me, I promise not to take so long next time. ;)

Chapter 2

The next day Lainie stood in the entrance of the school, trying to will herself to enter. She had an appointment with the principal in two minutes to get her schedule and locker number.

She felt a hand on her arm and spun to see Adrien. "Hey, meet me outside the cafeteria at lunch; you can sit with me and I'll introduce you to the rest of my friends," he told her with a smile.

"Sounds good," she replied as he turned to walk to his first class and she rushed off towards the principal's office.

Quietly she knocked on the door and waited for it to open for her.

"Come in," a voice replied.

Lainie opened the door and peeked in. "Are you Lainie Thomas?" the lady asked. When Lainie nodded, she gestured to the seat in front of her, "Have a seat."

"I'm Mrs. Hunter by the way," she explained. "The principal. So tell me about yourself."

"Umm...I'm a sophomore? 16 years old, I enjoy playing soccer and basketball - was on my school teams last year at my old school," she hesitantly told Mrs. Hunter.

"Very good," she smiled, "How are you in school?"

"Kept all A's and B's last quarter," Lainie replied, "Was on high honor roll last quarter also."

"Well it seems that you'll be a valuable asset to our school, and be sure to let the gym teacher know about your interest in the soccer and basketball teams," she handed Lainie some papers, "Here's your schedule and locker number." She hit the intercom on the phone, "Leena, you can come in now."

The door flew open and "Leena" walked in. Walking with extreme self-confidence, she sashayed her way over to stand next to Mrs. Hunter. "Lainie this is Leena, Leena this is Lainie - she's the new transfer student from New York City, and Leena's my daughter," Mrs. Hunter made the introductions, "Now Leena listen to me - I want you to show Lainie where her locker is, help her open it and put all her stuff in it, and then I want you to take her to her first class - English with Mrs. Harris - room 308."

Nodding, Leena waited until Lainie grabbed all of her stuff and led her out into the hall. "Sorry my mom's kind of a stiff neck, but I'm certainly not that way," she replied, "Follow me and I'll show you where your locker it and then your class."

"Thanks," Lainie told her with a smile, "And I'm sorry your mom made you do this, you can leave now if you want to - I'm sure I can find it all myself."

"No, no, no," Leena insisted, "I offered to show you around, figured it would be good to know someone with you being new and all."

"Oh, thanks for being so nice, but I already know a few people here," Lainie replied, "But it never hurts to know one more."

"You already know some people? Who? Do tell," she said.

"Well I met Adrien Riley and Ethan and Cassandra Bradely," Lainie gave Leena a curious look, "Why?"

"Adrien..." she murmured and swooned, "You do know that Adrien is like not only the hottest, but the most popular guy in the entire school?"

Lainie blushed, "No, I had no idea."

"Practically every girl in school wishes he would talk to them - let alone be friends with them," Leena told her, "Feel very lucky, I for one do because there are hundreds of girls who would kill to be in our positions right now."

"You're friends with Adrien?" Lainie asked.

"Yes, of course," Leena replied, "I'm friends with all of them - best friends."

"Who does all of them entail?" Lainie questioned.

"You'll have to meet everyone sometime," she explained.

"Well, umm...Adrien invited me to sit with him at lunch," Lainie offered.

"Then at lunch today you'll meet everyone," Leena answered.

"Sounds like fun," Lainie smiled.

"So tell me about New York City," Leena insists.

"What do you want to know?" Lainie asked.

"Everything," Leena requested, but holds her hand up before Lainie can begin talking, "Here's your locker."

As Leena helped her get all of her school supplies situated in her locker, Lainie told Leena all about New York City. Sharing laughs, Leena walked her to her first class.

"Thanks for showing me around," Lainie said, "I had fun."

"I did too," Leena replied, "See you around."

Lainie opened the classroom door and watched as everyone in the room turned to stare at her.

"You must be Lainie Thomas," Mrs. Harris said, "Come on in and take a seat."

She looked around the room and saw Adrien smiling at her and motioning for her to sit next to him. Quickly walking to the other side of the classroom, she slipped into the seat next to him.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't my lovely new neighbor Lainie Thomas," Adrien smiled, "Glad to see someone I can actually get along with in one of my classes for once."

TBC....

~&~&~

Hope you all liked it!

awww That's so cute! so Adrien is a cutie! :love: :lol: So Leena is best friend with 'all of them'? hm... supicious... :hmm: :lol: Loved it. I was wondering when you would be updating this, more soon!
--mandy :angelic:

i just found this fic and I love it so much! do you have a pm list? if you do could you add me to it? thanks!!!

Back