Gods and Heroes

Have you guys checked this game out? It has some pretty cool aspects such as player controlled squads and cool combat animations, e.g. a giant is able to pick people up and throw them to the ground and you can see your hero punch his foe in the face to throw him of balance, then pierce him with his sword and at last delivering an uppercut which sends the foe flying (are you drooling yet?;)). Take a look at some of the movies, you will be amazed of the combat sequenses.

My blog | Just another WordPress site

..i hope this game is more then just a few cool finishing animations, that's pretty much what all videos are showing... I got God of war 1&2 for such things... :smiley:

Reminds me too much of WWE wrestling. The moves are way over the top. I'm gonna pass. But the whole squad based combat is intriguing. I wonder how Gods & Heroes will fare against Sword of the New World which also offers squad based combat?

I beta tested G & H for a while, until I moved on to TR beta. Was really surprised to see this, it was certainly a game that needed to be in beta, but it was a solid game with fun game play, great animations, nice graphics, good mechanics.

I cant understand how it must feel to take a decision like this, so close to release. I also was in the beta and I couldn't see or feel anything that made this game a subject for cancellation.

What's even harder to understand is how they chose to rather work with a franchise title (star trek).

From what I've heard from Trekkie friends, they're not even doing a very good job with that :/ God help you if you don't listen to the Trekkie's when making a Star Trek MMO.

Someone suggested that they could see SoE making a grab for the game to continue it. With their kind of resources, I bet they could get it out earlier than PE planed to. I was in beta too, and know that it needed to be in beta ... but it was well on it's way to finished. I had an easier time playing G&H (with bugs, crashes, quests that didn't work etc) than I did playing Vanguard a month after release -.-

Wow. I remember how Fury showed us "actual gameplay footage." It looked like two people were really fighting and hitting each other. And then the game came out and their "actually gameplay" was complete felgercarb and nothing more than a few bolts of lighting and fire.

Back