Fantasy Gods of Egypt (2016)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: Gods of Egypt

Tagline: The battle for eternity begins

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Alex Proyas

Cast: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Brenton Thwaites, Gerard Butler, Chadwick Boseman, Élodie Yung, Courtney Eaton, Geoffrey Rush, Abbey Lee, Bryan Brown, Emma Booth, Goran D. Kleut, Rachael Blake, Kenneth Ransom, Rufus Sewell, Bruce Spence, Yaya Deng, Alexander England, Emily Wheaton, Matt Ruscic, Robyn Nevin, Wassim Hawat, Jeff Coopwood, Jean-Pierre Yerma, Ishak Issa, Richard Mutschall, Paula Arundell, Julian Maroun, Marisa Lamonica, Josh Farah, Garrett William Fountain, Sean Michael Perez, Premila Jennar, Michael-Anthony Taylor, Alia Seror-O'Neill, Rachel Joseph, Alessandro Guerrera, Rhavin Banda, Kurt Goehner-Winter, Gareth Hamilton-Foster, Adam Roper, Karim Zreika

Release: 2016-02-25

Runtime: 127

Plot: A common thief joins a mythical god on a quest through Egypt.
Gods of Egypt (2016)

As I kid I loved watching all kinds of movies; sci-fi, mysteries, horror, dramas, and... fantasy. The Ray Harryhausen movies always were fun, from the stop-motion creatures to the armor that was polished so bright it was mirror-like. The special effects weren't exactly the best, the actors didn't even come close to looking like the characters they were playing, and the story lines sometimes had very little to do with the mythology the movies were based on.

Seems like somebody out there has a bit of a fondness for them. :D

Gods of Egypt is a movie scheduled for released February of 2016 and is everything you'd think a movie would look like if somebody said "I want to make a fantasy movie like I grew up with, but with modern CGI!".

The survival of mankind hangs in the balance as an unexpected mortal hero Bek [Brenton Thwaites] undertakes a thrilling journey to save the world. In order to succeed, he must enlist the help of the powerful and vengeful god Horus [Nikolaj Coster-Waldau] in an unlikely alliance against Set [Gerard Butler], the merciless god of darkness, who has usurped Egypt’s throne, plunging the once peaceful and prosperous empire into chaos and conflict. As their breathtaking battle against Set and his henchmen takes them into the afterlife and across the heavens, both god and mortal must pass tests of courage and sacrifice if they hope to prevail in the epic final confrontation.​

Cam copy link just came available over at PW.
Here are some comments on it:

cam quailty is about a 4/10

Extremely entertaining movie but not exactly in the way the film makers expected it to be. It's entertaining more in the campy,so bad it's so good kind of way. If u just want a movie full of effects and dumb fun to enjoy with friend,this is a perfect movie.

Awesome movie! Superb acting, the plot felt fresh, and you all will really enjoy watching this. They had to of spent an absolute fortune on all of their special effects in this one, which makes it my pick of the month to watch again later in the theater with my family. The movie is smidgen difficult to hear, and a few people can be seen walking directly in front of the theater screen as the movie first begins, but that kind of annoyance is to be expected of a cam and wasn't too distracting, thus my vote will not take them into account. Rating: 4/5-STARS

From the previews, I thought this would be more serious and dramatic, but it was ok. A good family-type movie.

i personally liked this a lot and recommend this to be seen in cinema due to excellent visual effects. i think as far as visual effects and CGI goes this was better than Jupiter Ascending plus tons of action and good acting with lots of humour recommended.

I am seeing so many things.....that are pointing us to some truths.
Who we are, where we come from and what may be the ultimate truth.

Interesting, really interesting. With all the mind waking I have been experiencing.
All the information being put out en mass.

The concepts and ideas that appear to be what this is.I am telling you, we are getting hints, and have been getting hints.
Humanity is about to rediscover itself. I believe now. I do think , the real truth, is about to explode onto the world.
All these things are in effect,preparing us for this.So we are not afraid.

We have been blinded to the truth again by corruption and ambitions for a long long time.
- Alien Threat?
-Defense against alien or extraterrestrial threat?
Seriously, what human thinks they can defy the "Gods" and defend against them.
A corrupt one.A blinded one.

Absolute Power Corrupts.

On the video, too short to really get a sense of what it is, or what it is about...but is very very interesting.

Best and Regards,

Oh yes, the truth is out there, on the internet available to all.

The thing there is so much BS that is also available that few, if any, will be able to distinguish what is real and
what is illusion or delusion.

Most are not capable of knowing the truth - and maybe it is better that way