Going Under

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....this chapter is so good!!!!! Even if I'm sad that Syd has another man in her life so soon! She belongs to Vaughn!

Thanks for the pm and please keep me on your list!!!!

Update soon!

ahhh, i just got done reading mr. and mrs. vaughn, and i love both of these stories! can i get a pm when you update please? thanks!
Aliaschick347

Ok, all I gotta say is 1) Thanks for the comments and 2) There is foreshadowing, so pay attention to it, this chapter isn't important except to get the characters to know each other and the foreshadowing and it'll most likely get boring (at least it did to me).If it's that boring, then I'm truely sorry

great start but what the hell are nadia doing she can´t betry sydney please no
I can't answer that honestly...if you're a fan of Nadia and Syd, then you might not like what's coming. The first chapter foreshadowed what'll happen to them

Summary on Fan Fiction : Syd recevies a call from Vaughn that Isabelle is alive. Returning to LA, Syd discovers betrayal at every corner she turns and a daughter, that isn't hers...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sydney threw her clothes in a bag, in a hurry. She didn't have time to think, or even explain. Not now. Her daughter was alive. All these pain staking months, and she had been alive the whole time. Randy entered the room, and witnessed what Sydney was doing. "Where are you going?" he asked.

Sydney looked up at him. "Back to LA...it's an emergency."

"Emergency?"

"I..."Sydney stopped from going further. "I can't explain now... I have to go."

Randy studied her then finally nodded. He grabbed his own suitcase and started packing himself. Sydney raised an eyebrow at him. "What're you doing?"

"Going with you," he replied.

"Oh no, no, no."

"Sydney, something is obviously going on, something that you're terrified of. I can see it. Let me come, let me help you."

Sydney shook her head. "There is a lot you don't know..."

"Then tell me," he said quickly, as if he knew what she would say.

Sydney continued to shake her head, unsure of what to do. "Look," he said. "I am due for vacation time anyways, ya know? I've always wanted to see LA and the surfer dudes."

Sydney softly giggled. To her, it was a toss up on whether or not to bring him. "Ok," she finally said, "I'll explain everything on the plane."

Vaughn sighed again, for about the fifth time in the last ten minutes, earning another annoyed look from Weiss. Vaughn chose to ignore him though. It was hot, they were both in suits, and he was nervous meeting Sydney again after their not so nice departure months ago, which lead up to the divorce. Mr and Mrs. Vaughn were no more, and they both knew it. Vaughn knew that things would be tense. And not just because Isabelle was alive, but because of the way Sydney left. No warning, no good-bye's...she just fled. Nadia and Weiss had gotten married without Syd there to be the maid of honor. Needless to say, Nadia wasn't the most thrilled person to hear that Sydney was returning. For some reason though, Vaughn couldn't wait to see Sydney. She was his void...the empty space in his heart.

Sydney stepped outside the doors of the airport, her one suitcase behind her, and Randy beside her. She took a quick look at him. "Are you all right?"

Randy swallowed and nodded. "Yeah, just...you know. The CIA...your daughter, mother...this, Vaughn guy..."

"I know," Sydney said. Scanning the crowd of people waiting for their friends and family she added, "It's a lot to take in." Then she saw him. Both of them, Vaughn and Weiss, leaning up against a towns-car and scanning the crowd as well. Almost as if he sensed her, Vaughn saw Sydney. He also saw Randy and frowned, but Sydney ignored it and walked over to them, Randy in sync with her. Weiss smiled at Sydney ."Hey Syd."

"Hey Weiss. How's Nadia?"

"Good. She's good."

"Good." Sydney looked at Vaughn and smiled slightly. "Hey."

"Hey," he smiled back as well. Sydney shook her head, as if remembering something important. "Oh, uh," she said. "Vaughn, Weiss, this is Randy."

Randy extended his hand, and they shook. "Randy this is Eric Weiss, and Michael Vaughn." They all greeted, then fell into silence, Sydney looked at Vaughn, concern flashing on her face. "Where is she?"

Sydney walked quickly through the CIA into the room where Isabelle was being held. Sydney saw her and smiled, and hugged her tightly, afraid to let go. Isabelle looked more older than she was suppose to be to Sydney, but then again, they have been parted for several months. Vaughn entered into the room and Weiss and Randy stood just near the doorway.

"She's in perfect health," Vaughn told Sydney.

Sydney smiled at the news and for the first time, noticed that Nadia and Jack were in the room with them, She slightly smiled at them as well, but then turned her attention back to her daughter. "Can we take her home?"

Vaughn nodded. "They said a few more tests first, then we can take her."

Sydney stroked Isabelle's hair, but Isabelle paid no attention. She was to intrigued by her Mickey Mouse doll to care. It didn't bother Sydney though, not after everything they had gone through. Especially Isabelle. Sydney looked at Vaughn, her eyes searching for answers. "How...?"

"Did we find her?" he finished for her. "We didn't. We assume it was the Hand that did. Just dropped her off in front of the house."

"Good thing you didn't move," Sydney joked. But she knew her joke had fallen flat. Their relationship wasn't a laughing matter. It was too painful and complicated. Jack noticed Randy for the first time, and asked what was on everyone mind, "Who's this?"

His tone was more aggressive than he meant. At least, Sydney hoped so. "This is Randy, Dad."

Jack looked at him closely. "Randy, what?"

"Dad," Sydney warned.

Randy extended his hand to greet the older man, but all Jack did was stare at it. Vaughn stifled a laugh at Randy's embarrassed expression. For the first time, Randy locked eyes with Sydney and slightly communicated, as if to say, What the hell did I get myself into?

Sydney pulled the covers up to Isabelle's chin, and watched her sleep. On the way home, she had fallen asleep. Sydney didn't blame her, she must've been up for hours upon hours without her own bed to sleep in and parents to tuck her in. Sydney ushered Vaughn out of the room and quietly closed the door. "Ok, well, um, I think we'll go and check into a hotel."

"Syd..." Vaughn started.

"Don't..."

"What?"

"Don't start," Sydney warned.

"You brought your new boyfriend here to come and see your daughter," he asked harshly.

"He wanted to come, Vaughn."

Vaughn shook his head and started to walk away. "What?" Sydney nearly shouted.

"We were divorced not even a few months and you're already screwing someone else?"

Sydney blinked. "Are you jealous?"

"What? No...I just..." Vaughn studied Sydney and frowned, clenching his jaw. "You told him?"

"Yes, he knows everything."

"God!"

"Oh, Vaughn, please. Stop acting Isabelle's age!"

"Oh, Isabelle's age, huh? Did what happened with Danny, teach you nothing?"

Sydney stared back at him shocked. "Why would you bring Danny up, Vaughn?"

"Because obviously you Bristow's learn nothing!"

Sydney shook her head. "I'm leaving," she stated, trying to keep her anger in check. "I will see you tomorrow at APO."

Sydney spun on her heel and left the house. Walking to the car all she could say to herself, was What happened between Vaughn and I? And what was that in there?

Sydney walked into the hotel room and saw Randy already unpacking. He smiled up at her. "Hey you." he greeted.

Sydney slumped on the bed. "Hey."

"What's the matter?" Randy asked, concerned.

"Nothing," Sydney grumbled.

"Come on..."

"I really don't want to talk about it, okay?"

Randy relented, "Okay."

Sydney stared up at the ceiling for a few minutes, then finally spoke. "Does something seem...off, to you?"
Randy raised his eyebrow at her. "Off?" he questioned.

"Yeah." Sydney turned her head to him. "Something doesn't feel right."

"In the air, or in your gut?"

Sydney thought. "Both."

"Maybe," Randy answered. "But I wouldn't know."

Sydney nodded her head and looked back up at the ceiling as Randy went back to unpacking. Sydney knew something wasn't right. The second she stepped into CIA headquarters, she sensed something wasn't right. Maybe everyone was mad at her because she gave up on Vaughn and left with no good-byes and no warnings, then finally shows up with another man...but she thought it more than that. And these very thoughts, kept her up all night long.

TBC
------------
Sorry this chapter sucks...

-Irina will be a huge player, as well as Randy
-NO ONE, is who they seem to be in this story.

great updat i love it, thanks so much for the pm

and i not going to like whats coming that dont sound so good for me and other nadia fan or for sydney and isabelle, but she won´t hurt isabelle right? Nadia would never do that right??

Can't wait for the next update which will be tomorrow right. haha. I kinda of figured that Randy has something to do with all of this. I can't wait to find out, and I hope that Sydney and Vaughn get back together.

texasalias

Great Update...
I sure hope that Isabelle is safe some where...
I hope this was not some elaborate set up to get Syd back
for some unknown reason.
Syd should follow her instincts...
If something is not right she needs to figure out what is going on.
Thanks for the pm.
Can't wait for more.

I hope this was not some elaborate set up to get Syd back
for some unknown reason.

I never even thought of that.

hmmm......

I also find it amusing that everyone thinks Randy is part of the big 'plan' because they all want Syd and Vaughn back together. Remember the kinda writer I am...I oringally made it so Syd left Vaughn and Isabelle was still presumed dead...so don't expect a happy ending too soon now :angelic:

Thanks for da updates...and yes, expect one tomorrow! :D

OO I don't like how Syd brought Randy along!!!
Poor Vaughn...you think Syd could have made the situation a little easier on him!!!
-Hmm I'm interested in the mysteries behind all the character!!!
Great update!! Thanks for the pm!!

14 hours early than I said! :D

Sydney walked into APO, with Randy right at her side. She received greetings from mostly all the workers there. And then, there was Dixon. Dixon smiled as she approached them and hugged her. "Hello, Syd."

"Dixon...I've missed you."

He broke the hug and smiled at her. "I'd like to think so." Dixon's eyes laid on Randy and he looked at Sydney, curious.

"Dixon, this is Randy. Randy, Marcus Dixon, a very good friend of mine."

The men shook hands, then all three proceeded into the briefing room. Dixon sat next to Jack and Sydney took into account everyone in the room. Sitting at the very end of the table, next to Vaughn, was Isabelle, coloring in her coloring book, Sydney assumed. On the other side of them, was Jack and Dixon, and across from them, Nadia and Weiss. Jack stood up to address them all as Sydney sat next to Isabelle, and Randy beside her. Sydney, still looking around, realized someone was missing. "Where's Sloane?"

Dixon, looking guilty rather quickly, spared a glance at Jack, which Sydney caught. "Arvin, is M.I.A." Jack explained. "Has been for about a month."

Sydney nodded, kicking herself for not assuming the worse about Sloane. "Really," was all she said.

"We think, he has joined the Hand," Dixon added.

Sydney's eyes widened. "You're kidding." The looks she got from the others, suggested to her otherwise. Sydney sat back in her chair and crossed her arms. "So, they're still active."

"Yes," Jack answered.

"Do we have any further information on this group?"

"No...we don't," Vaughn said.

"Well, I wanna get some information..."

"Sydney..." Vaughn warned.

"No! If Sloane is indeed MIA and has joined this group...the group that kidnapped my daughter, I want some gorram answers!"

Sydney realized she was sweating. She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself. Randy took her hand and smiles warmly at her. A smile that Vaughn saw...very clearly.

Sydney waited outside the briefing room as her father exited. She quickly caught up to him, entering his office. "Dad." Jack looked at her daughter but continued walking. "I need to talk to you," she added. They walked into his office and he shut the door, and went around to his desk. "What is it?" he asked bluntly.
Sydney took a deep breath. "Have you heard anything about mom?"

Jack shook his head. "What is this about?"

"Just, answer me dad. Have you?"

"No...you think she's part of this? Part of, the Hand?"

Sydney nodded. "Think about it, dad. They made this personal. There is no ligament reason for kidnapping Isabelle."

"Yes, there was. They wanted their nuke back."

"So why blackmail us?" Sydney shot back. Sydney saw the pained and shocked expression on Jack's face and sighed. "They could've just blackmailed the CIA...not me directly, but they did."

"And that's enough to blame Irina for?" Jack challenged. Sydney looked at him surprised. "Are you defending her?"

"No," he answered simply. "I am just trying to state obvious. Because you feel helpless, and guilty, you are ready to pin what is your fault, on anyone you can." Sydney shook her head. About to say something, Jack continued. "I suggest you look into the Hand...quickly, and quietly...then move on." With that said, Jack was done. He left Sydney to her thoughts. Maybe what he said was too cruel...but he was just trying to be a father. He was trying to protect his granddaughter, and perhaps his wife. but most of all, he was protecting Sydney...from the truth.

Sydney walked down to the parking garage where Vaughn and Isabelle were standing by the car waiting for them. Dixon agreed to give Randy the five cent tour of APO, and even the CIA for the sake of giving Vaughn and Sydney time to spend with Isabelle alone. Sydney smiled at them, which both returned to her. "So...where we going?"

"The mall?" Vaughn suggested

Sydney nodded and looked at Isabelle. "The mall?"

Isabelle smiled, "Well...only if it has a Disney store..."

All three piled into the car and Vaughn drove towards the mall. Isabelle leaned forward and handed Sydney a piece of paper with drawings on it. "What's this," she asked.

"It's a drawing," Isabelle replied. Sydney looked at it closely, and for a brief moment, her throat went dry, her heart stopped as she took in the picture and any meaning it might have held. "It's me and grandma together," Isabelle said. Sydney looked at the surroundings in which the three figures where in. A bare room. Three corners. "It's me, Aunt Nadia and grandma celebrating my birthday," she added. Sydney looked out the window as more uneasy thoughts entered her mind. The setting of the picture, was no more than a couple of months old...when Isabelle was kidnapped.

TBC

Back