Going Under

thanks for the PM

Isabelle is soo smart already, how old is she??

i hope Syd finds out what happened to Isabelle when she was kidnapped and everything else

-luv Em :cheers:

Sydney walked into APO, holding the drawing that Isabelle gave to her in the car hours ago. It was hard for Sydney not to have doubts about it. Sydney understood why Irina might have help Isabelle captive...but Nadia? Maybe she wasn't who Sydney thought she was. After all, Irina and Sloane are her parents. "Hey." Sydney turned around, sticking the drawing under a folder and smiled innocently at Nadia. Perfect timing, huh sis? But Sydney hadn't had the chance to really talk to her since she returned from Texas. Nadia was now given them that chance.

"Hey," Sydney greeted back.

"How'd it go?"

"Oh...with Isabelle?" Nadia nodded. "Great. Better than I thought."

"Well, we still have the Hand to deal with," Nadia reminded her.

Sydney shook her head. "Yeah, I know. I just want to enjoy the moments I can get, you know?"

"Yeah, I do." Nadia and Sydney stood there for a moment, both not knowing what to say. So Nadia turned to leave, but Sydney grabbed her arm, stopping her. "Nadia..." Nadia looked at Sydney's hand on her arm and Sydney quickly released her. "About your wedding. I-"

"Sydney, don't."

"I need you to understand," Sydney continued.

"I understand. You thought only of yourself."

Sydney blinked. "What? No-"

"Sydney...I don't want to fight."

"And you think I do?" Sydney said flatly.

Nadia sighed. "Just, go and pretend to be a mother, okay?"

Nadia brushed past Sydney who only stared after her in shock.

Randy opened the door to Vaughn's house, and quietly closed it. He slowly crept around the kitchen and made his way into the bedroom. He knew the place was empty, but he wasn't a hundred percent sure, so he remained quiet going through the drawers. He opened one of the night table drawers and found what he was looking for. Vaughn's watch. His father's watch more accurately. He slipped it into his pocket. Before he could leave though, the lights flickered on. He stood up straight and raised his hands. He then spun and turned around drawing his gun, pointing at the person who had surprised him. Nadia, her gun raised, sighed at Randy. Both lowered their guns.

"You should be more careful," Nadia said

"I was being careful," Randy shot back. "What're you doing here?"

"Making sure you don't screw up. Sydney's already suspicious."

"I know," Randy said. "I told you she was."

Nadia rolled her eyes and both of them left the house together. Parked across the street from Vaughn's house, Jack watched as Nadia and Randy exited the house.

Marshall, sitting at his computer, was bobbing his head to the music playing over his headphones when Sydney entered. "Syd." He fumbled with the headphones, nearly choking himself trying to take them off. Regaining his composure, he stood up and hugged her. "I knew you'd come back."

"Hey Marshall." Sydney smiled sweetly at him then went to business. "Marshall...have you heard of young children that are...smarter, then their age?"

"Smarter? Like, Robin Cook's 'Mutation'?" Sydney gave him a confused look. "You know,'Mutation'? The young kid, VJ, who was his father, Victor's, experiment. The kid was a genius at three. Far more than the average adult could ever be. At like, age six, he even committed murder. Got involved with Colombian drug lords, but all in the name of science. He even built this huge and expensive underground lab-" Marshall stopped, getting the vibe that Sydney didn't really care that much. "Well...yeah, it's not totally unheard of," he answered. "But, it's very uncommon."

Sydney nodded, taking in the news. "What about Project Helix? Was there ever doubling of small children?"

Marshall raised his eyebrows. "Uh, Syd, why are asking me...?"

"Marshall, please..."

Marshall took the hint. Answer now, ask later. "Well, none that I have ran across. But, I could check for you."

"Yes, thank you." Sydney rubbed her forehead. All this thinking and assuming the worst was giving her a headache.

Sydney fell down on her back onto the not so comfortable bed in the hotel. She dropped her purse on the floor next to her and sighed deeply. Still feeling the effects of her headache, she closed her eyes hoping to wish it away when she smelled, rather then heard or felt, Randy next to her. She smiled.

"You seem tense," he noted.

"Long day." Sydney opened her eyes and looking at Randy. "How'd the tour go?"

"Well, it sure beats the police department in Texas." Sydney didn't laugh. "What's wrong?"

Sydney smiled softly at him. "Nothing."

"Really?"

Sydney nodded. "Really."

Sydney stood in the living room. She wasn't sure how'd she got there or what she was doing there, but she was there. Sydney looking around, trying to get some ideas of whose house she was in. Then it hit her. She was in her old house. The one her and Nadia had lived in together before it was destroyed. Sydney heard footsteps approaching her and saw Nadia, her gun at her side, walk up to her. "See what you've done now?"
Sydney looked at her, confused. "What?" Nadia pointed and Sydney saw Isabelle sprawled on the floor, a pool of blood under her, dead. Sydney gasped and stepped back. She lost her balance and fell into the arms of...

...Vaughn. He smiled at her at her clumsiness. Sydney, still shocked from the scene of Isabelle, looking around, confused. Now, she was in Vaughn's house. He looked at her concerned. "Are you alright?" Sydney didn't say anything. Vaughn nodded and smiled, as if he understood. "You're nervous."

"About what?" Sydney asked

"About quiting the CIA. You know, rising Isabelle while in the CIA is one thing, but rising her and twins, is another."

Sydney looked at him puzzled, then down at herself. She touched her stomach and gasped. She was pregnant? Not only that, but she realized she was wearing her wedding ring.

Sydney gasped and sat up. It took her a minute to calm herself and get her breathing under control. She glanced beside her and saw Randy sleeping peacefully. She reached over him and grabbed her cell phone. She dialed a number. Throwing on her robe, she waited to hear the man's voice. "I need to see you," she said.

PM list

6helterskelter6
Alias79
Aliaschick347
aliasfan212
AliasSydney502
ALIAS_chick
angels_fire_88
angiverl
ASIOagent
atekamel
benzmine
Catpin
Donniegirl
emetib17
fire*N*ice
Gaia
grassyass
iheartvaughn
IwantRome
Kate_14
lolo38
MH55995
Michael_Vartan_Hottie
Nadia Weiss
scullymulder1234
secret_agent_angel
sparklingrainbow
syd-157
Sydnee
sydneymicheal
texasalias2004
tunita
Vaughn-a-holic!439

-my computer is being a pain, so if I missed anyone, please let me know so I can double check...the list seems shorter than it was, and I took no one off of it...

Because it is Alias today...I will, attempt, to update tonight because I am pretty sure you all wanted Syd to call Vaughn, huh?

(Should I be naughty...or nice?) :angelic:

NICE NICE NICE...LET IT BE VAUGHN!!!!!!!

2UPDATES SO QUICKLY...IT'S LIKE XMAS!!!!!

PLZ UPDATE EQUALLY AS SOON OR SOONER... CNT WAIT TO SEE WHATS GOING ON

just 2 ask wot does M.I.A mean ? and the randy and nadia leaving the house together...i didnt understand tht were they in vaughn's house stealing his watch meaning there working together and r evil ???
update soon!!!!!!

thankx for the pm

Hmm interesting...now I really don't like this Randy guy!!!
-And Heck yes I think you should update tonight!!! Please!!! :angelic:
Great update!! Thanks for the pm!!

NICE NICE NICE...LET IT BE VAUGHN!!!!!!!

2UPDATES SO QUICKLY...IT'S LIKE XMAS!!!!!

PLZ UPDATE EQUALLY AS SOON OR SOONER... CNT WAIT TO SEE WHATS GOING ON

just 2 ask wot does M.I.A mean ? and the randy and nadia leaving the house together...i didnt understand tht were they in vaughn's house stealing his watch meaning there working together and r evil ???
update soon!!!!!!

thankx for the pm

MIA= Missing in Action

I tried to update tonight...i swear I tried...but I fell asleep...

Oh, two minutes to spare. I made it!!! :D

Sydney quietly stepped outside the hotel room and walked a few feet from the door, and by her car. She wrapped herself up into her night robe tightly, feeling the cold air quickly pick up. She closed her eyes as headlights approached her. The approaching car stopped, in front of her and the man behind the wheel shut off the car and stepped out. "Hey...are you alright?" he asked, concerned.

Sydney nodded and smiled as Vaughn approached her. "I just...had a really bad dream, I guess."

"A dream?"

"Yeah...I was, standing in my old house when Nadia walked in and pointed at Isabelle..." Sydney paused and looked at Vaughn painfully. "Who was dead."

Vaughn's throat tightened as the words took effect. "And Vaughn," Sydney continued. "She blamed me. Nadia said that I killed Isabelle."

"Syd..."

Vaughn grabbed Sydney and pulled her close to him, hugging her tightly. "It was just a dream, okay? Isabelle is alive, and she's well."

"I know, but Vaughn...I can't help but get the feeling that something isn't right. That something terrible is going to happen."

Vaughn gently touched Sydney's face and reassured her, "Nothing is wrong, okay?"

Sydney nodded and wiped away the few tears that slid down her cheek. "Do you think things could've been better?"

Vaughn looked at her curiously. "What?"

"That maybe...if Isabelle wasn't taken from us, that we would've made it to the restaurant?"

Vaughn flashed her a smile. "We would've had our date?" Sydney nodded and Vaughn's smile quickly went away. "I don't know."

"How was the wedding?"

"It was good. Nadia and Weiss, you know..." Vaughn trailed off. They were once like us, Sydney thought. All the emotions between her and Vaughn came flooding back to her all at once, and she actually thought for a second that she would faint. "We used to be like that," Sydney said quietly.

But Vaughn heard her. "Things change Sydney. Just like you said to me, people change."

"Yes, but Vaughn..." she pointed to the hotel room. "We can't keep this up forever."

Vaughn nodded at once. "So...what do you want to do about it?" Sydney shook her head, unsure, then Vaughn cracked a smile. "I could take him out. Randy, you know, then you won't have to make a choice."

Sydney smiled at Vaughn and he laughed half heartily. Without any signs, or warnings, Sydney kissed him, and he let her. Vaughn longed for her, and he needed her strength. Through the kiss, he tried to tell her all of that. She must have understood his pain, because she broke the kiss and backed away from him. "I'm sorry."

Vaughn looked at her confused. "For what?"

"I shouldn't have done that."

"Sydney..."

"I'm with Randy, Vaughn."

Vaughn closed his mouth and nodded slowly. "Yeah..." He walked back towards his car and Sydney called after him. "I'm sorry." Vaughn didn't reply. Hurt and angry, he couldn't. He wanted Sydney back and with the safe return of his daughter, he thought Sydney would want him as well. Randy was the painful reminder that she had moved on. Too quickly he thought. Starting his engine and pulling away from his true love, from Sydney. Vaughn thought, This Randy guy is too good to be true, he has a secret, and I will find it.

From the window, Randy watched Vaughn pulling away and saw Sydney staring painfully after him. It was then that he knew in his heart that Sydney stilled loved Michael Vaughn. So either Sydney was conflicted between him and Vaughn or she knew the truth about him and Irina. Either way, he wouldn't go down without a fight.

The next morning, Sydney and Randy dressed, ready to go to APO to learn of any new Intel regarding the Hand. Sydney had told Randy earlier that she needed to speak to their tech support, Marshall Flinkman. Randy thought the man was out of place in APO and the people that he worked with. He had never seen him in action before though so he was curious as to why Sydney had always spoken so highly of the little man. Randy searched through his bag as Sydney walked back into the room from the bathroom. "Have you seen the aspirin?"

Randy looked over his shoulder at her. "No...you still got a headache?"

"Yeah." Sydney continued to search for it to no avail.

"Hey," Randy said. "I got something that'll help." He got up and went to the sick. He poured a cup of water, then went back to his side of the bed and searched in the bag again.

"What," Sydney said. "Your giving me illegal drugs or something?" she joked

Randy smiled. "Something like that. I think I got something in here that's like a tea, knock that headache right outta ya." Sydney grinned at him. "Can you get me a washcloth please?" Randy asked

Sydney walked into the bathroom to get the wash cloth, and Randy looked after her. When she was out of sight, he pulled out a tiny vial with a orange liquid in it. Opening the vial, he poured the liquid into the water, then put the vial back into his bag. The water made a hissing sound, then stopped, turning the water into a tea looking color. Sydney walked back into the room and handed him the washcloth. He smiled, taking it and handed her the water. "Here ya go." Sydney took the water and drank it. When she was finished, Randy took the cup from her. "How ya feelin'?" Sydney paused for a moment then said, " I still have the headache." Randy smiled at her again. "It'll go away, give it a sec." He walked back into the backroom and rinsed the cup. He looked in the mirror and saw Sydney holding her head, as if she was in pain. Randy smiled softly to himself.

The crayons sat, untouched. The book, unopened. Water was heard dripping from the ceiling as the little girl kept her arms folded across her chest. Irina entered and looked at Isabelle as if she were to be worshiped. As if she were the eighth wonder of the world. Isabelle made no notion of Irina however. "Are you not going to color?" Irina asked her. Isabelle's eyes slowly met her grandmothers. "I want my Mom and Dad," she replied. Irina nodded, understanding. "They'll be here soon," she said.

Isabelle didn't move. "I want to leave here, I want my Mom and Dad, now!"

Irina didn't flinch. Temper, temper. Irina looked at Isabelle, then turned and walked out the door. She walked down the hall and into another room. One, that had bars around it. Irina stood outside and smiled at the person inside the caged room. "Are you being treated well?" she asked. The man in the room only sneered at her. He stepped forward, into the light and looked Irina dead in the eyes. "If you hurt Sydney," he said, "I will kill you with my bare hands." Irina stepped back at smiled at him. "Jack," she said, "I would never hurt our daughter. Not yet, anyways."

Short, I know...but, it does offer a lot, doesn't it?

Back