Golden Globes

axj

Cadet
The nominations for the GG are due to be announced any minute now I believe. If you get E! then switch on as they are showing the noms live. Then you can keep us Europeans up to date with any nods that Jen gets!!! Many thanks.

Great to see her get a nod for Alias, but I'm a little disappointed she didn't get a look in for 13 Going on 30. Oh well. :smiley:

Hopefully we'll get a "reaction" on one of the entertainment news shows or something.

Me too, I was hoping she'd get a double nomination and then all the Entertainment news shows could have made a big deal out of it. Nevermind at least she got in for Alias.

PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES - DRAMA
-Edie Falco (The Sopranos, HBO)
-Jennifer Garner (Alias, ABC)
-Mariska Hargitay (Law & Order: SVU, NBC)
-Christine Lahti (Jack & Bobby, WB)
-Joely Richardson (Nip/Tuck, FX)

and then she goes against the same ones for the last 3 years ... :thud:

but I am happy she has is nominated, creating the buzz for her ... and the show ... and she has been nominated for the 4th year in a row ... which is pretty amazing to see ... (y)

Congratulations to our dear Jennifer! I hope that you win this year. :winner:

It seems that Jen may be losing her star appeal to the people running TV entertainment news shows. I watched "The Insider" and "Extra" talk about the GGs but they didn't mention Jennifer's nomination. I didn't get to see what Entertainment Tonight and Access Holllywood had to say.

The reports that I saw concentrated on the movie nominees much more than the TV nominees. 4 of the 5 women from Desperate Housewives got mentioned for their nominations and Eva Longoria for NOT getting a nomination. Why does Edie Falco and Mariska Hargitay qualify for mentioning their nominations, but not Jennifer??!! :angry:

It seems that Jen may be losing her star appeal to the people running TV entertainment news shows. I watched "The Insider" and "Extra" talk about the GGs but they didn't mention Jennifer's nomination.

They interviewed her on Access Hollywood.

Anything interesting or just the usual "it's just an honor to be nominated" stuff?!

And really, this year it is. Just look at the talent that missed out: Frances McDormand, Amber Tamblyn, Allison Janney and even Kristen Bell was in with a shot. And especially considering not only the fact that the nod is for Season 3, but for the second half of the season which weren't even really that Sydney-centric.

On Access one of the hosts (not Billy Bush, that other guy) brought her this tray thing of muffins (I think) to congratulate her for the nom. I think they were giving them to all the nominees.

Then he asked her if she wanted to eat one and she picked out chocolate (girl after my own heart) and they were both eating a muffin during the interview. Anyway, she said it was an honor to be nominated and that the Golden Globes were her "favorite, favorite party" cause everyone was there and it was really exciting and fun.

And the announcer was saying she was working out before she found out about the nom, but Jen didn't say that...so I don't know if that is true or they were just guessing based on what everyone says about her workout schedule.

Her hair looked really good in the interview too, lol. Kinda wavy with the bangs pushed to the side, but still there.

Back