Golden Rasberry Awards Coming Up

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Apparently Cat Woman was not a big success. :P

Source: Sci-Fi Wire

Catwoman, the critically assailed superhero film starring Halle Berry, received a leading seven nominations for the Golden Raspberry awards, which identify the worst films of the year, the Golden Raspberry Foundation announced. Nominations for the costly box-office flop include worst picture, worst actress for Berry and worst supporting actor and actress for co-stars Lambert Wilson and Sharon Stone.

Other science fiction, fantasy and supernatural nominees include the family film Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2, which was nominated for worst picture, Vin Diesel, who received a worst actor nod for The Chronicles of Riddick, and Arnold Schwarzenegger for worst supporting actor for his cameo role in Around the World in 80 Days. Genre films also dominated the worst remake or sequel category, which included Alien vs. Predator, Anacondas: Hunt for the Blood Orchid, Around the World in 80 Days, Exorcist 4: The Beginning and Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed.

The winners of the 25th annual Golden Raspberry awards will be announced Feb. 26, one day before the Academy Awards ceremony.

Other science fiction, fantasy and supernatural nominees include the family film Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2, which was nominated for worst picture, Vin Diesel, who received a worst actor nod for The Chronicles of Riddick, and Arnold Schwarzenegger for worst supporting actor for his cameo role in Around the World in 80 Days. Genre films also dominated the worst remake or sequel category, which included Alien vs. Predator, Anacondas: Hunt for the Blood Orchid, Around the World in 80 Days, Exorcist 4: The Beginning and Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed.

It seems like Sci-Fi gets raspberried more than others. Sci-Fi doesn't get recognition in the Academy awards too much either. This, I believe, is because Hollywood can't make a SciFi movie that accurately portrays and reflects the author's creation. Hollywood changes the story into something else. The SciFi title takes a beating and SciFi is labeled. Then when the judges see the genre 'SciFi' they are biased.
If the only SciFi film you ever saw was Leprecaun 4 or BattleField Earth How would you go into judging SciFi movies...:banghead:

This post was done in IE, When I first formatted my font IE went dumb and stopped responding then it woke up and was fine, copy and paste worked fine. I could use this for CoolSciFi but there are no tabs and I watch 5 forums at a time while also surfing my bookmarks. I downloaded the extension to open target in IE and I will try to use that when I need to copy and paste. Other forums are not having this problem tho.

Back