Gone in A Whisper

Great update Nads. I love Weiss in this so much....;) and I', curious to see where all of this is going.

Thanks for the pm :hug:

Hey, I know I haven't updated in a couple of months. I had horrible writers block, then last week was camp, and next week as well, but as a CIT this coming time! :grinning: i hope that people still will read this story. Once again, Amy, you are incredible, and I am grateful that you are my beta.

Nads

Chapter 3

On the plane, the rush seemed even greater; no one exchanged any words except for what was necessary. They had to memorize the building plans and know everything about the security outside the building. Nadia was on the phone with home base, making sure their way was clear once they landed and the great race began.

They felt the plane as it started to descend.

“Comm. check number one.” Tom said. They each checked that their comms. were working and got ready to land.

“Let’s get ready for business.” Weiss said grimly. Marshall and Rachel saluted them in a kind of a mocking way as they walked off. They were staying on the plane for safety.

But none of them noticed the private jet that had landed nearby, and the familiar person stalking almost down from the stairway, stabbing each step with her stiletto heel, as if they had personally done her some harm.

“They’re here.” She said, sounding a bit hoarse. She snapped the phone shut and dropped it into her purse. She strutted to the sleek black car that was waiting for her, and it sped off silently into the night.

At the Hotel

“Touching in with home base.” Vaughn said as he brought up the familiar hustle and bustle back at APO headquarters onto the screen so that everyone could see.

“What’s your status?” Sloane said, getting right down to business, just as he normally did.

“We’re at the hotel.” Vaughn said.

“No problems, I expect?” Sloane said, sounding threatening, as if he knew there would be no problems.

“No sir.” Vaughn said, he thought adding a little respect to his sister-in-law’s dad could only make the awkward situation better, “We ran into no problems, but since no one knows, we should be okay.”

“That’s what I like to hear.” Sloane said, but it came out sounding like a threat. Vaughn felt a bead of sweat run down his neck. He gulped and took a deep breath. Vaughn was afraid to turn around, but Sydney pressed her leg into his, unknowing to anyone, and he rubbed her knee carefully. They understood each other so well.

“I need to go and prep the team, sir, we will report back in a couple of hours, when it is over.” Vaughn paused at the end. “Is that all right sir?” He asked, nervously. Vaughn could feel the heat waves rushing at him as he waiting for Sloane to answer.

“That’s fine, check back in a couple of hours.” Vaughn heard the audible click of the phone being hung up. He sighed and sunk down into his seat. The others looked amused at him. Vaughn was sweating and clammy, after only just talking to Arvin Sloane, it was worse after a mission, especially ones that didn’t go as planned. They all were in a pretty amusing situation though, because of the whole getting married thing.

They didn’t know it, but after Vaughn hung up, so did the woman. She turned away as she came to a corner, looking up and seeing that her shadow fell into the spotlight of the streetlight.

+++++

“Hello, darling, wake up, precious.” Came the familiar voice. “Nadia, open your eyes, slowly like the little girl you used to be.” Nadia struggled to open her eyes. She gasped and tried to jerk away. She never could believe the familiar face that she was looking into it.

“Sophia! What are you doing here?” Nadia asked. Then truth started to storm across her face, looking like a thunder cloud. The tears rolled down her cheeks. The betrayal and pain was almost to much for her to bear. This was the woman who had raised her, but she wasn’t her at all. Her face was hard and cold, her eyes missing the twinkle that Nadia knew so well. Nadia was looking like the evil half to the mother that she had known as a child, but it was the same person.

‘What, sweety, you don’t recognize me?” She said. “I’m Elena Derevko, I’ve managed to avoid detection for almost thirty years, along with my sister, my dear sweet Irina, and I believe, your mother.”
“What?” Nadia asked, it hadn’t all soaked in. This was the woman that had raised her, and given her everything that she could at the orphanage.

“Yes, I’m evil, but I always loved you. I’m sorry you have to find out like this, I wanted to bring you with me, for you to grow up with me, but I couldn’t, I cared so much for you girls, but you ran away, and I was unable to bring you with me. I wish I could have watched you blossom, but you were running around with the wrong crowd.” Elena said. Nadia glared at her defiantly, fires burning in her eyes. She wished that she could take out her anger on the person that had caused her so much misery.

Yup, I was right. The woman was Elena. It's amazing how everyone has played right into her evil hands. I hope the APO's force can find Nadia soon.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris