Good '80's Sci Fi Movies?

Many of my favourites have already been mentioned:

Starman
Aliens
Terminator
The Thing

but one I love is Titan Find starring Klaus Kinski and Wendy Schaal. It was hardly big budget and an Alien rip off, but for some reason I just loved it....

The Final Countdown is definitely one of those rarely mentioned gems of the 80's.
In part because when you say "The Final Countdown" to somebody in a certain age bracket, their response is "You mean that song from the hair-band Europe?" :banghead:

Here are my pick's.

E.T
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Flight of the Navigator
Alien Nation
Tron
The Last Starfighter
Terminator
Explorer's
Back to the Future

In no particular order.............
~~~2010
~~~The Terminator
~~~Aliens
~~~Dune
~~~Altered States
~~~The Final Countdown
~~~Escape from New York
~~~Outland
~~~Blade Runner
~~~The Thing
~~~Tron
~~~Iceman
~~~Lifeforce
~~~The Hidden
~~~Predator
~~~The Empire Strikes Back
~~~Return of the Jedi
~~~Dreamscape
~~~Alien Nation
~~~They Live
~~~The Abyss
~~~Millennium
~~~Prince of Darkness

I found all of those movies to be very good.

There's a certain "feel" to movies made in he 80s that movies since just don't have.

My sentiments exactly, Deuteros. (y)

That certain feel also applies to music as well; there's just something about the music from the 60's up to the mid-late 90's that's just better than most of the "material" that comes out nowadays...........:eek: :eek: :eek:

I have fond memories of:

Outland
Disney's Black Hole
Tron
Empire Strikes Back

and of course my all time favorite movie:

Blade Runner

I'm really looking forward to Tron Legacy. I hope it is as good as it looks.

Thanks Interstait forgot about the Black Hole,I remember when it first came out,thought it was kinda creepy coming from Disney...I still give it two thumbs up!

no ones said:

'Predator'

love or hate Arnie its a class movie even now

'The Abyss'

without this where would have been no Terminator 2, as Cameron's visuals on this with ILM helped pave the way for the T1000 effects in T2

Thanks Interstait forgot about the Black Hole,I remember when it first came out,thought it was kinda creepy coming from Disney...I still give it two thumbs up!

when i saw this at the cinema i realy thought the evil robot [this name escapes me] was sooooo scary!.. not now

No problem. Yea, I remember seeing it as a kid and being a little freaked out. It was more on the dark side, especially for Disney at the time. The ending is a little deep as well...

I hear they might (shock) remake it!

Interstait

Back