Good Bye to Anya

Kewii

April 27th
God I'm gonna miss that freaky demon girl. Everytime I think of bunnies I'm gonna laugh now.

I'm gonna miss seeing all these characters the way it was, but it feels more final for Anya, because she actually died.
I'm very sad over it.

Is this Buffy or Angel? I don't really watch the show. I wasn't paying attention for a second and I thought that you were talkign about a real person. Whoops! My big mistake.
kylo4

OMG I'M GONNA MISS ANYA SOOO MUCH!! She was my favorite character, and her and Xander, are just SO adorable... 😭 It was horrible... but I guess that's what you get for not signing on for an 8th season. Everyone except Emma and Sarah did, that's why they got killed, or stabbed.

Kylo, this is Buffy. It ended on tuesday 😭

Luve ya,
Dani

lol its true, that is what you get for not re-signing.

I really wish we could have had just one more season...but after that i would've wanted more again..alas it is gone poor us :(

The saddest thing is that her death wasn't really given the time it should have had devoted to it...There was just too much crammed into the hour for them to deal with it like they should have. Xander was the only one who even seemed bothered about it. But I guess they had other things on their minds! :lol:

From Whedon's interview with TV Guide online:

TVGO: Why was Anya marked for death?
Whedon: I wanted to kill somebody, and I wanted to do it brutally and suddenly and never really pay it off. I wanted a death that was a real middle-of-the-battle death — the opposite of the Spike death, [which was] perfect, noble. And Emma had made it clear that she really was not interested in coming back. I think things with Fox weren't great and she felt ill-used — not by the show. She had a good time making the show, I think. But she was ready to move on. But it was tough [killing her off]. The last shot before we wrapped her was that shot where she gets sliced. And it's very weird to play your death and go, "Okay, I'm done."

TVGO: No one seemed to be too broken up about it.
Whedon: I had a lot to wrap up, so I let Xander (Nicholas Brendon) have a moment of closure about her, just enough to get him to the point where he could rejoin the group for a moment of, well, "We won." You have to get yourself to a good place if you want the show to go out on an uplifting moment, which I did. So I used shorthand.
;)

Azalea said:
The saddest thing is that her death wasn't really given the time it should have had devoted to it...There was just too much crammed into the hour for them to deal with it like they should have. Xander was the only one who even seemed bothered about it. But I guess they had other things on their minds! :lol:
I agree. I mean, I was expecting SO MUCH more from Xander. I mean, ANDREW Was more upset than any of them. I mean, come on, you guys might not have liked her much, and you may have been busy saving the world, but she was so... Anya! I mean, they DID like her, even if they wouldn't admit it. She was just an awesome person, and even they thought she said some stuff that was... inapropriate, they still loved her.

Dani

Her death was the one that i found upsetting, not spikes, i mean he died savig the world a real long death. her and xander were like so in love and they really seemed like they could have lead a long and happy life together.

do you think that if Xander had known she would die, whould he still have walked away from the marriage???

I guess its kinda sad that way too because he decided to take more time, but in the end there wasn't more time.

Back