Good Charlotte

lol some of they're songs just sound pop. like 'hold on' and 'Young and the Hopeless'. don't get me wrong they're punk too, just kind of pop with that.

Yeah, it's about the music, not the genres and lables and the money and the image, it's the MUSIC. And I like theirs fine. They're no White Stripes, or Queens of the Stone Age or AC/DC or anything, but the few songs I've heard are okay. I haven't heard enought to make a judgement. I do like Blink 182! There was some badmouthing of them a while back. GRR ARG :angry: :angry:

Heres a brief look at some punk bands

- The Distillers
- REALLY old AFI stuff
- Rancid

Heres what's not

- Good Charlotte

Why? Because

- They're key demograph is 14-20 year olds who are filled with angst so that songs like "hold on" and "young and hopless" will strike a key within the angst ridden teen, causing them to relate to the song and buy the album, therefore making good charlotte bucket loads of money

- They've found out the that writing songs that will make them money is batter AND easier then writing songs which rock. Lets face it, they play there instrumets basically at best. Except for the CURRENT Drummer.

- They can all sit around pull eachother off for all I care

- Feel free to flame me, I dont give 2 rats ass's

Yeah, OK, we understand that you don't think they're punk. We understand why you don't think they're punk. I never said that they were punk. I don't care if they're punk. I don't care if they think they're punk. How many times do I have to say this?

They are one of my fave bands! They are sooo cool! Hold On, Movin' On, Young and the Hopeless, The Anthem, and Lifestyles of The Rich and The Famous are my fave songs of theirs! I tried to get tickets to their recent show in NY but the only ones available were the 'nosebleed' seats! :thinking: :angry: :(

Gendo said:

- The Distillers
- REALLY old AFI stuff
- Rancid

Heres what's not

- Good Charlotte

Why? Because

- They're key demograph is 14-20 year olds who are filled with angst so that songs like "hold on" and "young and hopless" will strike a key within the angst ridden teen, causing them to relate to the song and buy the album, therefore making good charlotte bucket loads of money

- They've found out the that writing songs that will make them money is batter AND easier then writing songs which rock. Lets face it, they play there instrumets basically at best. Except for the CURRENT Drummer.

if you really think that they write songs like young and the hopeless and ESPECIALLY hold on just to make money, somethings wrong with you.

go to mtv.com or to c the whole thing which u should go to aol music and watch the hold on video. doesnt look to me like that was just for money.

seriously, have ur opinion gendo, but just watch the video. this is not about good charlotte anymore. this is about the video. just watch it is all im saying.

AliasEncyclopedia said:
Gendo said:

- The Distillers
- REALLY old AFI stuff
- Rancid

Heres what's not

- Good Charlotte

Why? Because

if you really think that they write songs like young and the hopeless and ESPECIALLY hold on just to make money, somethings wrong with you.

go to mtv.com or to c the whole thing which u should go to aol music and watch the hold on video. doesnt look to me like that was just for money.
Clearly you can see I dont give two s***s about a music video, last time I checked music and music VIDEOS were 2 differant things.

You like them
I dont
Live with it

also, nice triple post why not try somthing called a paragraph

Wow, no need to flip out there, Gendo.
Last time I checked, we were talking about Good Charlotte's alleged obsession with money, not just their music. The video is completely relevant.
And I think everyone here understands that you don't like them. Everyone has said that they respect your opinion. Are you trying to create conflict? Because that's what it seems like to me.

Also, it's different, not differant. :confused: Learn to spell and then you can come back here and make fun of Good Charlotte all you want.

Gendo said:
AliasEncyclopedia said:
Gendo said:

- The Distillers
- REALLY old AFI stuff
- Rancid

Heres what's not

- Good Charlotte

Why? Because

Clearly you can see I dont give two s***s about a music video, last time I checked music and music VIDEOS were 2 differant things.

You like them
I dont
Live with it

also, nice triple post why not try somthing called a paragraph
o, so now its about my grammar skills? as one great poster once said...

"i don't give 2 rats asses." u said that.

if u dnt like them, then dnt post on this board anymore. i dnt want to c u here. im sure many wld agree.

if u dnt like them, then dnt post on this board anymore. i dnt want to c u here. im sure many wld agree.
well said. if people dont like them thay can stay out of here! and they are not obsessed with money. they grew up in a poor family so they know how to spend their money well. they dont flash it or use it for un-necessary reasons. they just want to put a message across and if you don't like it. well tough. hold on is a meaningful song not just aimed at angsty teens!

i love em. there such a good band. my friend got me into it though. constantly playin there CD really loud on her headphones so i heard it too. After awhile i just became hooked.

GO GC!!!

Back