Good Irina Club!

I think she wil end up dying heroicly like syd dreamed of. I think she will be good because of her love for syd. just look at the expression on her face at the end of last epy when she was in the helicopter. she is scared that syd will die like emily. she is good. she has to be. but shes just... consumed by her obsessions consumed by rambaldi

I think Irina's good. I've come to like her more and more over the season. You can definitely tell that the love she has for Sydney is genuine and I think that's a great quality for her to have.

but i think it will take him even longer now to forgive her and to even begin to trust her again! unless irina had this planned out and everything goes according to her plan, but who knows?

It'll take a lot for Jack to forgive her. But he knows she wants what's best for Sydney. He didn't think that early in the season. He knows she loves her. And she already saved Sydney's life 2 weeks ago. If she makes a big sacrifice for her or her family (NO DYING PLEASE) I believe Jack would be able to forgive her. And who knows.. maybe she does have an explanation for everything she "did".

vaughnmyangel said:
you kno she is eventually gonna have to die. I highly doubt she signed a contract for next season. The sad part about tv shows. waaa
Actually... I highly doubt she didn't sign a contract since she loves the show and her character so much. No wonder JJ's being all hush-hush about it. Evil man! :confused:

ooo go over to countdown spoilers! i think we have a candidate for for the third death and its not irina!!!all praise and sing!!!LOL, and yes no dying irina!LOL, or at least i hope she doesnt die!i would be so upset!i dont want to think about it!

I hope so! Irina soooooo coool she cant die! no no no no. I beleive there is enough good in her to overcome her temporary badness. She really doe slove syd and all and jack i think also.

I agree she must be good cos she really loves Jack and Syd, shes just doing what she has to.
She MUST be good or its gonna suck and all the scenes with her, Jack and Syd were pointless.

exactly see we all agree on this matter, there must be some good in irina and there is and it will come out, it allready has at times!she is just too obsesed with rambaldi to completly give up her old ways but as soon as it all comes out, she will go back to syd and jack!i hope so!

Irina Derevko's one of my most favorite characters. she's awesome and lena olin is such an incredible actress. I hope she's not bad but I'll bet she goes good then bad at leat two more times!

:smiley: DBristow

She certainly isn't "all bad," or she wouldn't have called out Sydney's name and gotten her out of the building that was going to blow up--unless she had an ulterior motive (but I think her first motive was to save Sydney, ulterior motive or not). One way or the other, Irina is an ends-before-the-means person, even more so than Jack--he talks a good game of it sometimes, but isn't he really only that way when he's pushed to the wall and his family is at stake?

This is all unspoiled speculation . . .

As far as Irina "being good": Well, I can see very few ways that she can "be good," love Jack, and still treat him the way she has. She would, for example, have to hold some secret that would involve Jack's own fate--or perhaps Sydney's--something that she feels that, if Jack were to know about it, would cause Jack to take action that would lead to his own doom or some other cataclysmically bad outcome (say, if he were the subject of some particularly nasty Rambaldi prophecy). Meanwhile, this fate can only be solved by solving the mystery of Rambaldi, which is why Irina pursues Rambaldi with such zeal. Otherwise, it is hard to see why she would not enlist Jack's aid if her motivations were "good." I can, however, see her eventually trusting Sydney and asking her to help her and begin keeping secrets from her father.

Were such a scenario to play out, it would be interesting, for Jack and Irina would truly be cast as star-crossed lovers with Irina forced to betray her lover out of love. Further, if Sydney had to start playing both sides a little and keep things from her father to protect him, it would be a fascinating turnabout. I've always thought that it was interesting that Sydney's messages that "truth takes time" went to Sydney, not Jack.

For now, however, we don't have a shred of evidence to support such speculation. We have to wait and see if Irina does, in fact, reveal her motivations.
;)

vh that was just as good as your columns!
i agree with you, that would be amazing to watch if sydney went and trusted irina and helped her, without telling jack, all great speculation and i think all possiblities would be just amazing to watch unfold, you should write for the show!lol, lets hope she is good!

I wish! Then I could meet everybody! (And, why, thank you!)
:D

Back