Comedy Good Morning, Miami

Title: Good Morning, Miami

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2002-09-26

Creator: Max Mutchnick, David Kohan

Cast: Mark Feuerstein, Ashley Williams, Matt Letscher, Jere Burns, Constance Zimmer, Suzanne Pleshette

Overview: A talented young TV producer arrives in Miami to revamp the lowest-rated morning show in the country. Jake Silver risks taking the job when he sets eyes on the show's beautiful, down-to-earth hair stylist Dylan, who wows him like nobody before – and presents a romantic challenge.
Good Morning, Miami

not to be the perpetual downer, but how long do we think this show is gonna last?
i mean, their main premise is that the guy likes the girl. she has a boyfriend. they can't be together. repeat repeat repeat.

i wonder if that will get old, or if they'll spin it differently in the future.

NO, I haven't. I am going to have to check out NBC.com

I couldn't believe Gavin last week, taking credit for Jake's gift. What a slime! Although Jake should have had a better plan......he should have given her the book in private.

Also, some bad news I think. I read this in Wanda's chat this Monday. She was talking about Scott Foley's new show coming up mid-season:

"The network clearly has a lot of faith in this show--word is it will air twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays (buh-bye, Good Morning), when it debuts."

Does this mean Good Morning Miami is being canceled????? So far no date has been picked for Foley's new show to start, but still. What's up? :( :( :( :(

air twice a week? how odd? i saw previews for next week...then, i saw previews for 2 weeks...and it doesn't include gmm...it includes supersized friends, will and grace and scrubs....oh no!

A.U.S.A (Foley's new show) premieres on Feb. 4... so there is a set date for it to start. And it's playing twice a week, 'cause they think it's gonna be a BIG hit. :::does a little dance for Scott Foley:::
I've watched Good Morning, Miami from the start. All the reviews I read said not to bother... but I did. And I got hooked. The writing on the poor show is terrible though, even though the cast obviously tries hard. I love Ashley Williams' (Dylan's) haircut! I only watch to see what's going to happen between Jake and Dylan... obviously, eventually they will get together. I like Penny, she's hilarious, but not with Jake.
The show is gonna get kicked off very soon... I'd give it 3 more episodes. I wonder how they're going to end it... hopefully not with that everlasting cliffhanger that happens with every show that gets kicked off the air midseason.
Either way... definately look for some of these actors elsewhere in the future.

OMG!! It was great! Did you see the week before, w/ the Penny/Jake kiss? Where do I need to start reviewing from?

I am so mad it is going off the air....it's starting to get really good! :angry:

I don't know what those #'s mean.....are they ratings?

Ok, it started where it left off last week, with Jake and Penny kissing. Then they have this talk about how they can't be "just friends" now, and they can't date because Jake is her boss, so Penny suggests they be friends who have sex. Jake is all excited about this, and they decide no one will know. So Jake talks to Claire who tells him what a bad idea this is, women can't seperate emotion from sex (especially when you have a crush on the guy! I mean come on Penny, bad decision!!!) Then Dylan and Gavin have a fight at work because he thinks she's obsessed with Jake, and he goes home, so she tells Jake and Penny how happy she is for them, and while insisting nothing is going on (they were just "practicing") Jake offends Penny, and she tells him that he convinced her too, and says no sex. So he goes to Claire again, who just had sex with her maintenence man (she claims to be different from all other women). At home, Dylan & Gavin are fighting about Jake again, and Dylan leaves (to 'fess up with Jake, we think). Back at work, Penny goes to Jake's office to appologize for how rude she was, and snatches the paper he was working on: it's a pro & con list for dating Penny. She's all happy about all the pros, and they discuss a few, but then she sees the only con is "She's not Dylan," and decides to leave. Jake rips the paper in half and says it's good enough for him & they kiss again, & Dylan walks in & asks if they are practicing again, & Jake says this one was for real. Penny leaves all happy, & Dylan tries to congrats him, but he sees she's upset. She refuses to tell him why, since he's in a new relationship and doesn't want to ruin it with how her's is going to the pits. It ends with Jake picking up the half of paper that had the con on it and looking sad.

Whew! That was long! I even left out one side story.....

Follower of Rambaldi said:
aww...don't go off the air!!! thanks so much, mdw!
No problem

I can't believe they would take it off the air so quickly. New shows take a while to build up an audience.

Off topic, what does your sig mean? (love the monkey! :cool: )

TV show information provided by The Movie Database
Back