good news for uk?

here's a article from alias-media..............

Alias UK Popularity
Posted on Sunday, September 28 @ 12:16:47 CDT by ~Cathy~

MichaelB writes "ABC'S hit show ALIAS has sealed is offshore popularity, especially in Britain where its Season 2 run has started on Terrestrial TV after a succesful Digital TV run. Five have posted very positive remarks about Alias's ratings, which arent publically available, but the real indicator is that Alias Season 1 on DVD (Season 1 had barely ANY viewers in UK) is number 18 in the Amazon.co.uk sales chart. It has steadily jumped from the lowly ranks of 1,288 right up to 18 in a matter of weeks. Beating The Simpsons and other greats like The Matrix. However, it is unknown if Five or SKY|ONE will be the first to show season 3 of alias in the UK. Ill keep you posted."

so the might air it on sky but it's not sure!!!!!!
i am soooooooooo happy!!!!!!
might not have to wait that long then!!!!
wooooooo hooooooo!!!

Yeah, i read that too! im also hopin that sky one will air it! n its great that the ratings r good coz maybe noe they'll start writing bout it in mags n stuff!

Rise of Alias
Posted on Wednesday, October 01 @ 11:15:10 CDT by ~Cathy~

MichaelB writes "Alias season one is OUT NOW in UK DVD stores, and on amazon it has reached the top ten!

Yay!

The series gets rave reviews but is much ignored by the media, but since BARB dosent publish it, or any other major networks ratings unless you pay for them, this is a strong indicator that ALIAS is doing well in the UK, and means it is getting higher ratings than Angel and Charmed.

Go Alias!

Note: amazon.co.uk "

another bit from alias-media!!!!

But it's getting a strong push from the publisher, which is really good. They got the stars out to plug it and I've seen a lot of commercials for the DVD--which I haven't seen for a lot of series sets.
;)

(obsession)
i haven't seen any comercials for alias period here!!!!

Yeah, i havent either!!!! but its great news, nows hopin that sky one will show alias!

:eek: I didn't realise that Alias was this popular here in the UK. That is great news - perhaps there will be more articles in the UK about the cast etc.

The only publicity I remember for the show in the UK was before it started on SKY one I saw loads of posters in adshels on bus stops etc with the pic of sydney in a red wig (as the one in ep1). They were cool! I wanted one but by the time I saw the first ep and emailed the adshel company the posters had been taken out and binned! :cuss:

To be honest, I am the only person I know who likes it - even my parents weren't fond of it until this weekend. I bought the DVD season1 box set the day it came out and as a family we went away friday night for the weekend and I still had 2eps left to watch so I took the set with me (knowing there was a DVD player where we were going). Anyway, I watched the last two eps saturday morning and my family really got into it and we all watched the ep on channel five saturday evening.

:rolleyes: I did have to give my mum a low-down part way through when she asked q's about the characters - but that was no problem for me ;)

-Rachel

has this become like a gathering for uk alias fans here? i always miss the eps on saturdya night cause i go out wirh all my firnd ( practically the only time i get with my boyf). ill just have 2 by the box sets then. also i ahve crappy fivequality and no sky so i hav mssed alot but i am stilladdicted. i am going to have to save up for the box set.
i am glad that it is getting good reviews. i think that one problem when it was on channel 4 was that it was on sunday evenings. no the best of time for something like alias.
ukaliaschick (y) (n)

So that's why they showed Alias season 1 at 12.30 Saturday nites. That really annoyed me :angry: coz I thought Alias was doing well, so when they moved it from 9 on a Monday to Saturday midnight that just messed my whole schedule. I'm just glad to see Season 2 has done so well on Sky 1 this time over.

:Ph34r:

Dead-Drop
Ireland

I watch Alias on Channel 5 and they advertise it reguarly, it is on at about midnight though, so It is a pain but I don't have Sky unlike most people i know. It is actually gaining fans most of my friends now watch it and they love it!

Alias i gonna stay at the midnight time-due to low viewing figures, thats is its new showing time. They said they have no plans for season 3 yet.

i just noticed this thread. what i don;t get is if the DVD is selling so well then surely somebody would like to air Alias at a decent time!!!!!! i mean SKY ONE have started advertising th new 24 and new series for this year but there is no mention of Alias!!!!!!!
I hope we get season three!!!!!!!!!!

I hope we get to see season 3 somehow. I got a bit of good news about the Alias DVD. There was a vote on the bbc's ceefax pages for best DVD realese of the year. Alias came 6th which is really good considering you could vote for anyone. It beat a lot of big name's and the one's above it were the big blockbusters like Lord of the Rings.

Does anyone know about the release of season 2 on DVD in Europe as im at uni with no reception for season 2 so im slowly going mad!!!! But i cant stay away from spoilers so i know what is going on but its not the same as actually seeing it!!
^_^

Back