Sci-Fi Gotham (Fox)

I never would have imagined him as Nygma/Riddler if not for his name.
interesting how he started as a good-hearted underdog earning Gordon's respect (remember how he had a body and he said 'I want Nygma on this', plus the rubber shoes). how will Gordon deal with a co-worker on the wrong side? and will they ever find out what happened Nygma's ill-fated girlfriend?

and will they ever find out what happened Nygma's ill-fated girlfriend?
The GPD readily accepted that one of their own officers vanished in the middle of the night leaving behind all of his stuff and an odd letter to his on-again/off-again girlfriend so I'm leaning towards nobody will think much of their records room clerk disappearing as well.

Although... with a name like "Kris Kringle" I wonder if her sudden disappearance may be related to the appearance of the apparent Mr. Freeze?

hm, never thought of that.
was she 'Kris Kringle' or 'Miss Kringle'?
Nygma called her "Miss Kringle" but her name was Kris Kringle. A few net searches shows her full name as "Kristen Kringle" but I don't recall her actually being called that on the show, only Kris Kringle by a few of the other characters.

Gotham has been renewed for a final season. S5 is expected to be just 13 episodes and will supposedly finally deal with Bruce's transition to Batman.

they're really getting out there with al-Ghul's stuff and Barbara and Jerome and Lee/Riddler and Oswald/Grundy. should be a busy season ender.
glad they took out Sophia, though no one seems to stay dead in this show.

they're really getting out there with al-Ghul's stuff and Barbara and Jerome and Lee/Riddler and Oswald/Grundy. should be a busy season ender.
The pairings have indeed been a little out there but I kind of like it because by breaking off the characters into their own little groups then there is a lot more ground for story telling instead of everything being about Bruce. The al-Ghul story is playing out interestingly as being the driving force of turning Bruce into Batman in order to fulfill the future that he has seen.
glad they took out Sophia, though no one seems to stay dead in this show.
Ah, but she's not dead. ;) In one of the follow-up scenes with Gordon & Bullock it's said that Sophia is in a coma and it's a "miracle" that she's still alive after being shot in the head.

Heads-up, the final episode of Gotham will be Thursday, April 25th. If you've been following this season, the final episode will do a 10 year time jump and, yes, Bruce will finally be in the Batman suit. With the 10 year gap expect some characters, especially the younger ones like Selina & Bruce, to have different actors.

glad they got rid of Fish and the Falcones
I'm guessing we'll see Nygma and Cobblepot soaking wet, Penguin will blame Riddler for faulty engineering and Riddler will point out Penguin loaded an extra ton or whatever of loot he didn't account for.

well Gotham is done
Batman appeared at the end (comic scene of Kabelpot/Nygma hiding)
last season kind of a downer. was worried they'd do minor-villain-of-the-week, esp after they showed a bunch of them last ep of last year (man-bat, orphan, etc). they did a few (ventriloquist) but those minor guys mostly didn't show.
didn't like how Nygma and Kabelpot spent years in prison while Barbara Gordon got to be a respectable player.
all in all I'd give Gotham three stars out of four. Gordon, Bullock, Nygma and Kabelpot were excellent characters, well acted. most of the rest was filler. too bloody for my taste.

didn't like how Nygma and Kabelpot spent years in prison while Barbara Gordon got to be a respectable player.
Yeah, that was nagging at the back of my mind also watching that episode. She killed just as any people as the other two and was just as ruthless but she ends up a wealthy real estate (nothing like taking advantage of a city after a catastrophe) while the guys end up in prison the whole time? I'm not sure what the writers were intending with that but it came off as something being wrong.
well Gotham is done
But there is more TV coming for the Batman franchise. "Pennyworth" is a new series coming this July on Epix that will be background/origins story of Alfred and his relationship with Bruce's father, Thomas, in the 1960's UK.

Oh, and of course, in DC's infinite wisdom, this will be yet another DC work that is not set in the same canon/verse as their other TV shows or movies so like Gotham it'll be an 'anything goes' storyline.

Back